In need of new Swarovski's

I think I’ve found my end of deployment gift for myself. I want to upgrade my Swarovski’s. I’m looking at upgrading from my SLC 8x30s to either the EL 10x50mm Swarovision or the EL 12x50mm Swarovision. I might consider the EL 10x42s because they are about half a pound lighter than the 50s. I will be using them for ‘everyday use’ around my neck every day during the hunt and for all my 3D tourneys. What would you guys go with between the two or any other recommendations and why?

jherald

WKR
10x42, going to be better than your 8's and the 12's are more than you'll need.

OP
Archery_hunter33
Thanks for the info guys…. And Cali, thank you for the link, it looks like I’m going to end up with that pair of 10x42s. You just saved me $1000

Ya no problem your welcome thank you for your service!! I was on there earlier and I was looking at the thread and saw someone posting about them figured it was glad the guy is going to hold them for ya :) anyways thanks again for your service stay safe

I have the 10x42's and coincidentally enough, I too bought them as an end of deployment gift :)

I love mine and they are never a burden while shooting 3D and hiking/hunting. They spend a lot of time around my neck.

Once you get them, do yourself a favor and grab a FHF Harness!

Best of luck on the rest of your tour, I just got home from #3 a few months ago.

Craig4791

WKR
I have the 10X50 ELs and love them. A lot of guys really like the 10X42s also but I went with the bigger pair as the few oz seemed worth it to me.

I was opposite.....i was a 10x42 Leica guy until i looked through and compared to the 8x32 Swarovisions. I actually bought the 8x32 EL swarovision. 10x42 will NEVER be missed. FOV is HUGE compared to 10s and they are brighter than my old Leicas IMO.

Before you get some older EL's for $1000-ish, do some research on the 8x32 Swarovski Swarovision (not the EL, the EL SV). They are king of the mountain for the 8 power options, which is easier to hold off hand than a 10 power setup. The 10 power off-hand is dizzying for me at least, unless it's on a walking stick or tripod.

If you are NOT going to buy Swarovski Swarovision due to price, I would look at the 2012 and 2013 Vortex Razor HD and Zeiss Conquest HD lineup. The non-SV Swarovski EL 10x42 that I just sold was no better in optics than these two models, the former of which has a lifetime warranty and is a couple ounces lighter.

I have the 12x50 Swarovski SV's, and they are not difficult to hold steady with a good rest but the 36oz adds up around the neck. They are beyond awesome on a tripod or walking stick tho.

I was opposite.....i was a 10x42 Leica guy until i looked through and compared to the 8x32 Swarovisions. I actually bought the 8x32 EL swarovision. 10x42 will NEVER be missed. FOV is HUGE compared to 10s and they are brighter than my old Leicas IMO.

^^ apart from stability in hand and image quality, FOV is another reason to stay 8 power if you go the EL Swarovision option

OP
Archery_hunter33
Thanks for the input guys. I've already sent the money. I already have the Swarovski 8x30, I'm sticking with Swarovski. One of the good things about Swaro's is if I want to trade up from this deal I can get back most if not all my money because of the value they hold. Thanks again for the info

Thanks for the input guys. I've already sent the money. I already have the Swarovski 8x30, I'm sticking with Swarovski. One of the good things about Swaro's is if I want to trade up from this deal I can get back most if not all my money because of the value they hold. Thanks again for the info

Congrats, enjoy them!

Cannot go wrong with Swaro's for most hunting applications.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ran the 12x50 EL's for a couple of years. I switched over to the 10x42 EL's and am glad I did. They are better handling, holding steady, easier on the neck, more comfortable when hiking. The only area they are not better is on a tripod. The pro's outweighed the con so I switched.