Tripod or new binoculars?

180ls1

WKR
I'd take $300 glass on a tripod over $3,000 glass hand held all day long.

Ordered the sparrow plate today. If I don’t like just a trekking pole I’ll grab a slik tripod.
Not sure what your hunting style and glassing method is, trekking pole would be good for a quick stable glass but for proper sit down and grid, obviously a tripod.

CCOBB

FNG
Here’s another option…. Sig Zulu 6HD’s and you won’t need a tripod.

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what your hunting style and glassing method is, trekking pole would be good for a quick stable glass but for proper sit down and grid, obviously a tripod.
I am still trying to figure it out myself. I do have trouble sitting still. And I already carry poles anyway, so it seemed like the most economic way to improve my setup in a way that will scale.

4th_point

WKR
I am still trying to figure it out myself. I do have trouble sitting still. And I already carry poles anyway, so it seemed like the most economic way to improve my setup in a way that will scale.
Use the binocs you have, but binocs on poles is still stabilized by hand. Better than freehand, but you should also consider the benefits of stationary optics. Make sense?

So cheap tripod and head, good enough for binocs this year. Try it out with little investment.

Or, think ahead to heavier 15x binocs or spotter, and get a better tripod out of the gate.

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, 15x binoculars are a few years away, but they are on my “eventually” list.

4th_point

WKR
That makes your decision a little easier then. You will need a decent tripod and head. A cheap setup will just be wasted money unless you can use it for something else.