I'm done with Bergarbage!

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Apparently I should have did up to date research! I was very happy with my first one I purchased about 3 yrs ago so I ASSumed I'd get a similar product.

What attracted me most was the Remington 700 footprint. I ordered a sweet Manners stock with mini chassis figuring I'd bolt in whichever barreled action I wanted to use vs having 3 cheaper stocks. Good plan in theory 😆

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
These were by far the best, cherry picked groups. (4, 5 shot groups with everything except 10, 5 shot groups with the 142s)

I only held onto the target to think about what to do moving forward. Then I came to the realization Bergara was dead to me. I had tossed the other targets in the burn barrel immediately so no one would ever see them!

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Have Bergara fix it, then sell it with a clear conscience.

Logical, I just don't have any desire to deal with them or have any faith they would get it right.

Thought about rebarrelling them but they will probably just end up take a spot next to my Ruger M77s in the junk row.

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
No. We didn't bother doing any of that. We just blew $100 in ammo randomly downrange and then I came on the internet, saw this posting and then spent 5 minutes typing a message about how bad their guns sucked.

Not everyone in the world is an idiot dude. Just most people. lol
Hahaha! Some guy offers good advice, not knowing your level of experience or expertise, and you mount him! I imagine there won’t be a long line of folks offering suggestions after that. I understand you’re frustrated but you can be a little nicer to folks offering to help you.

Man…I must’ve gotten mine just before they went to hell. I think I bought mine in the fall if ‘21. B14 wilderness hunter in .300WM and it shoots Federal Terminal Ascent 200gr phenomenally well. I better knock on wood asap…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sons guns were purchased in the summer of 21 and mine Feb 23. Wonder how the new offerings are doing???? Haven't heard much talk about them.

Samson7x

WKR
Bought a 22wmr carbon and it was the worst rifle I've ever owned. Promptly sold it. I realize we were talking centerfire here, just had to throw that in. I'm not anxious to try another bergara anytime soon.

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Man…I must’ve gotten mine just before they went to hell. I think I bought mine in the fall if ‘21. B14 wilderness hunter in .300WM and it shoots Federal Terminal Ascent 200gr phenomenally well. I better knock on wood asap…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep my first one I got about that time. Shoots great.

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider

Another honest review. Starts talking about his Bergara Ridge at the 2:00 mark. "Most frustrating 48 hours of my life" 😆

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
It'd be funny to walk into my local gun dealer with my 2 like new Bergaras and 2 Ruger M77s. Offer to trade 4 rifles for 1 Tikka!

Often lessons in life are expensive.

NSI

WKR

Another honest review. Starts talking about his Bergara Ridge at the 2:00 mark. "Most frustrating 48 hours of my life" 😆
It’s nice to see a glimpse of the old Jim every now and again.

FWIW just sighted in my buddy’s wife’s basic Bergara 6.5 PRC with a vortex on it. I know, he doesn’t listen. Thing shot a minute, so I suppose this is a lower stakes Fierce situation where you just don’t know what you’ll get. Well, you do know you’ll get slam fires if the action freezes. I’ll see myself out now…

-J

WKR
It'd be funny to walk into my local gun dealer with my 2 like new Bergaras and 2 Ruger M77s. Offer to trade 4 rifles for 1 Tikka!

Often lessons in life are expensive.
I'll trade you a new tikka for those.