I'm done with Bergarbage!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Nobody said they NEVER put out shooters, just that their lemon rate is high and their CS sucks.
My only point is the premier series is not the same as their imports. Completely different rifle, thus the price point difference.

I have a wilderness ridge in 6.5 cm. When I got it home, I noticed the stock was loose against the action. The action screws were so loose they were about the fall out. I torqued them down properly, and I’ll have to say it’s one of the best shooting guns I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check action screws - also, if it doesn't shoot, try removing muzzle break. Few years back they sent out the wrong size for a few models. I've also seen some that really need to be clean... so clean down to bare metal and test.

kkp005

WKR
I bought a ridge in 308 with the 18” barrel back in 19. I spent damn near as much on ammo as I did on the gun trying to find something it would shoot decent. The only thing that was somewhat consistent was the federal edge tlr in 175gr…. Didn’t have any confidence in it so I sent it off to APR and had them rechamber/ barrel it into a 6CM. I’ll never buy another Bergara

xsn10s

WKR
This makes me wonder what the issue is. They seemed to be all the rage not too long ago.

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Check action screws - also, if it doesn't shoot, try removing muzzle break. Few years back they sent out the wrong size for a few models. I've also seen some that really need to be clean... so clean down to bare metal and test.

Appreciate it but I'm on top of it. Both are in KRG Bravos, torqued to spec.

I'm shooting both suppressed so no break. I did shoot both without the can just to prove it didn't make a difference.

I cleaned between each shot for the first 10 then after every 5 until I had sprayed 50.

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
FYI ammo was
Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X
Federal Terminal Ascent
Unknown Muntions loaded Nosler ABLR
Cooper Creek loaded Nosler ABLR

I've had excellent results with these loads in rifles that cost 1/2 as much so suggesting a guy needs to spend more for a Premier in Bergara is sad.

Appreciate it but I'm on top of it. Both are in KRG Bravos, torqued to spec.

I'm shooting both suppressed so no break. I did shoot both without the can just to prove it didn't make a difference.

I cleaned between each shot for the first 10 then after every 5 until I had sprayed 50.
Sounds like a bad barrel then... good luck!

Maverick1

WKR
Posting as a warning (and vent) to anyone contemplating a Bergara Ridge rifle. I recently bought two.

Long story short, groups look like shotgun patterns. Painstakingly broke in and 4 different brands of quality factory ammo tested in both. I have the same rifle in a different caliber I bought a few years back and it's a legit 1/2" gun. Wasted a lot of time and money on these two new turds. Seems things have went south there.

Full disclosure: I am not giving them the opportunity to make it right. I don't have any desire to deal with their customer service. Been there, done that!
GLWS. LOL.

FYI ammo was
Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X
Federal Terminal Ascent
Unknown Muntions loaded Nosler ABLR
Cooper Creek loaded Nosler ABLR

I've had excellent results with these loads in rifles that cost 1/2 as much so suggesting a guy needs to spend more for a Premier in Bergara is sad.
Happy to take them off your hands - pm me and lets figure it out

Unckebob

WKR
I tried to help a guy sight in his Bergara 6.5 CM and I honestly thought that there was something wrong with the scope, rings, or bases, it shot so bad. Switched scopes, re-torqued the bases and then finally decided that it just sucked and eventually $100 later in ammo got it to shoot about a 2" group with cor-loks out of all things. I bet we fired that gun 100 times that day. I would never own one.

The groups with the federal fusions were 6" at 100 yards.

I had the same problem with a 308. It went quickly down the road.

I had the same experience with my recent Wilderness Ridge 7 mm mag purchased in February. I replaced the stock with a Graybo Terrian inlet for a Bergara B14 and replaced the trigger with a Trigger Tech Special and TI Pro 4 brake. I assumed the gun was going to be a shooter like my sons. Both my sons have them and they are tack drivers. They love Federal terminal Ascent 155's, consistent <0.75 5 shot groups.

After seeing my sons shoot elk at 660 and 600 yards I picked one up earlier this year.

Broke in the barrel per the recommendations (1 box of ammo), then cleaned and went to sight in. Had a difficult time getting a general site in at 25 yards (1 box of ammo) Should have been a clue. Then took it out to 100 yards. Shotgun pattern with the Terminal Ascents and 2.5 inch MOA with 180 Berger VLD's (hand loads from Pendelton Ammunition).

Went thru 3 boxes of ammo. So checked out everything on my scope, action screws all okay. Gave the gun a good cleaning and the copper fouling was ugly. I've never had a gun with so much cooper fouling. Got it clean, took it back out same results with the ammo I had. Now I have about 100 rounds thru it. I put the original stock back on same results ( 1 box of ammo)! I went and picked up 4 different brands of ammo, basically it's all anybody had. Another range day, it liked Hornady 162 ELDX, but was just okay with the other ammo. (4 boxes of ammo) Again good cleaning less cooper fouling. Took it out Sunday verified it shot the ELDx < 1 MOA. It's okay but I'm not happy 2 boxes of ammo). I'm leaving for an elk hunt 3rd season in CO and am not sure I will use this rifle. An interesting note is when cleaning after Sundays shooting very little cooper just some powder. Hmmmm. My guess is the barrel was pretty rough. Anyone have thoughts??

Now I have 240 + rounds thru it both handloads and factory. I never had this issue with a Tikka, 3 Browning XBolts or a Winchester Model 70.

And yes I'm looking at dumping this and getting another Tikka!!!!!!!!

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
My b14 308 will shoot in the neighborhood of 1.25" with federal fusions, but once the barrel gets "hot" (like 4 or 5 shots) it patterns like an over-under. I tried working working the stock, torque, scope/mounts, bergara sent me some new bolt parts since mine had MIM junk that was known to strip, etc. All I can figure is the heat treat on my barrel isn't great and heat really messes with it. It sits in the back of my safe behind the Tikkas. I still like the gun, just don't have a ton of confidence in it.

gman82001

WKR
Mine has been back 2 times for the most piss poor ejection of brass I’ve ever seen. They sent me a rebuild kit once and it didn’t do anything so they’ve had me send it in 2 times now. The brass barely clears if you run the bolt slow and just spins180 if you run it fast like you would hunting. And yes that’s with or without a scope mounted too

I recently purchased a B 14 in 300PRC and had similar problems, but after about 50 rounds I am getting groups just under an inch with Hornady 212 Gr ELDX. I did not do a barrel brake in. Just started shooting it. Also, I have not cleaned the bore since I started shooting it. I will put a few more rounds threw it this week and see what happens. I bought this rifle for moose and elk so 1 MOA or better is fine for me in a hunting rifle.