If you change your own oil…..

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I stocked up on 2.5gal jugs of Mobil Delvac last year every time I found it. With 15qts every oil change, I need a lot of it. Pretty sure I've got three years worth of oil filters too.

Fullfan

WKR
I stocked up on 2.5gal jugs of Mobil Delvac last year every time I found it. With 15qts every oil change, I need a lot of it. Pretty sure I've got three years worth of oil filters too.
Fella what are you driving that requires 15qt ?

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I started using Costco Full-synthetic when I couldn't get the correct full-synthetic from Rural King anymore.
Was getting two 5 quart jugs in a box from Costco for about $25, now it's $35.
With an on sale Fram filter from Walmart I could do an oil change on the family vehicles for a little over $20. A little more for the truck since it takes a few more quarts.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
currently sitting on about 20 gallons of T-6 and enough oil/fuel filter for attest 3-4 changes on all 3 vehicles. I heard this a while ago so I've been stocking up.... still buy all the t-6 when if find it...

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great reminder. I am set for 3 changes for each of my tundras, and I just changed them both.

Oh, and you Gen 1 Tundra owners, it’s time to check your valve cover bolts again. 52 INCH lbs.
Not to hijack, but I just got a gen 1 tundra, what's the deal there?

CorbLand

WKR
Not to hijack, but I just got a gen 1 tundra, what's the deal there?
The valve cover bolts are notorious for coming loose over time. Its a good idea to periodically check them.

I try to check mine once a month and hit them with a torque wrench every oil change.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Can't find Rotella anywhere here, no filters oil or air and DEF has gone from $8.99 to $25.97 IF/WHEN you can find it!

idcuda

WKR
Good call. Picked up 6 gallons of Valvoline synthetic today for $24 each, so I'm covered for a few changes. Ram 2500...

Found the Rotella 15-40 t4 at Home Depot today for $14.47 a gallon. I picked up 15. However, my dump truck takes 12 per change.

Last edited:

92xj

WKR
Can’t find rotella here anywhere and I’m only looking for the t4. Will hopefully find some soon. This country/world is so F’ed up right now.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
The valve cover bolts are notorious for coming loose over time. Its a good idea to periodically check them.

I try to check mine once a month and hit them with a torque wrench every oil change.
Can't you put loctite or locking washers on them?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Can't you put loctite or locking washers on them?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
You probably could loctite, but I wouldn’t want to risk not being able to get them back out later. Be a bitch to drill one out if you had to.

Big_O_86

FNG
Fleet manager here. I’m no expert but this is no joke. I went to Baldwin filter for my light duty fleet. Having trouble keeping my shelves stocked.