If you change your own oil…..

Yarak

WKR
If you don’t change your own oil you’d be making a smart move to learn how given the prices and shortages
Super lube shop may not be in business if the current trend continues

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was at Walmart yesterday. My Mobil Delvac was the only diesel oil on the shelves. They had two 2.5gal jugs left, so I bought them. Also got the last two jugs of Mobil 1 10w-30 for my Toyota. I only change that once a year on the Toyota, so I'm good for at least two years there.

gbflyer

WKR
I have been hitting eBay for filters for my construction equipment with good success. Even some oddball stuff. I don’t know what’s available for passenger vehicles on there. Between filters, engine oil, hydraulic oil, and THF, it’s been a damned expensive Winter.

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
Ok. Call me a fool, but why the shortage on filters and synthetic oil.
I understand oil prices going up due to the war. But how does this affect filters? And full synthetic oil contains no crude oil, right?

cnelk

WKR
I understand oil prices going up due to the war. But how does this affect filters? And full synthetic oil contains no crude oil, right?

I made a thread last August about oil filter shortages.

Some guys even PooPoo'd it

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
Synthetics are made from natural gas and gas condensates to my knowledge.

tdhanses

WKR
Believe it falls in line with manufacturing halting globally and component sourcing being difficult.

I think oil shortages probably have to do with transporting products and maybe a shortage of containers.

Plus aren’t there a ton of container ships just sitting waiting to be offloaded.

Last edited: