If you change your own oil…..

Usually Mobil does a rebate that puts their 5 quart down to about 20 bucks so I have always used that for 3 bucks difference but its sitting at 27 bucks for 5 quarts.
I’d rather get the money back through the rebate but looks like they are giving some items away this month. Just last year it was $22 per 5 quart jugs without the rebate…

Add air filters to the list as well...my dealer hasn't had any in-stock since I got my truck back in Aug...might be because its a newer engine...luckily I found a few online...

Usually Mobil does a rebate that puts their 5 quart down to about 20 bucks so I have always used that for 3 bucks difference but its sitting at 27 bucks for 5 quarts.
Yeah that is what I used to use also, then switched over to Walmart. Not sure who makes it as I think it changes depending on their contracts, but at one time I believe it was just rebranded Mobil 1.

2five7

WKR
Yeah that is what I used to use also, then switched over to Walmart. Not sure who makes it as I think it changes depending on their contracts, but at one time I believe it was just rebranded Mobil 1.
Walmart and Costco full synthetic are the same thing, I believe Shell is making it now. It's good stuff.

CorbLand

WKR
FYI Napa has their quarts on sale for 2.50 a piece. Bought enough to change the oil one time in my pickup and one time in the wife’s car. Out the door with two oil filters 45 bucks.

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
This is a great reminder. I am set for 3 changes for each of my tundras, and I just changed them both.

Oh, and you Gen 1 Tundra owners, it’s time to check your valve cover bolts again. 52 INCH lbs.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
You can get a 12 pack flat of plastic wrapped filters from Napa for much cheaper than buying cardboard box individuals. If you’re planning to keep the vehicle a while it’s a good deal.

Tradchef

WKR
I started using O’reilly’s full synthetic. Long time Mobil 1 user in my trucks but this saved 18 to 20 per 5 quarts and it seems to be doing a great job. Good advice on stocking up a bit

cnelk

WKR
I needed to re-supply so I went and got 15qts and 4 filters - $83.

Didnt see much for higher prices or short supply.... yet