Idaho Youth Hunt GMU 52

Youth pronghorn (doe) hunt.

Need a little help. I drove around the unit yesterday for 7 hours. Only came across 2 groups. One was on private with very little public around that area. The other was on public but after reviewing onX access might be difficult but I sure will try.
I covered about a 1/3 of hwy 46 from the North side, all of hwy 75, all of hwy 93, all of why 20, which is nearly the perimeter of the entire unit. I didn't see one pronghorn on agriculture fields. I spend about 2 hours on the West side of the 75 mostly in the North half of the unit.
On the East side of 75 I drove into the BLM (NE quadrant) for about 45 minutes but I ran out of light. I covered a lot of the unit and was surprised to only come across 2 small groups (5 and 6). Maybe they are holding in pockets of the unit that I missed? Maybe they migrate into the unit from 44 & 45 in the next few weeks?

I spoke to BLM over the summer and checked out the areas, see above, they had recommended.

Any thoughts please send me a PM. I'm headed out there with my buddy and his son. His son and my daughter have a tag.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
SW corner between turkey lake road and the private to the south.....should be easy. Couple hundred in there last year

OP
Mule3006Elk
SW corner between turkey lake road and the private to the south.....should be easy. Couple hundred in there last year

Thank you.

We checked it out. No goats. They may be there in the next few weeks.

Stop driving the highways. You need to get to spots with some elevation and glass with the sun to your back. As the weather gets colder they'll be coming into 52 from 44, 48, and 49.

OP
Mule3006Elk
Stop driving the highways. You need to get to spots with some elevation and glass with the sun to your back. As the weather gets colder they'll be coming into 52 from 44, 48, and 49.

I have to drive the HWY to access the interior. It's not my scouting plan. We have found some goats just not a lot of them. As the season progresses we hope to see more.