Idaho Tag Site Already Crashed

After the website wasn’t working I ended up calling earlier. This is how long it took for me to get through. Luckily I had my Bluetooth headphones and I just listened to that stupid music all day while driving equipment
First and last time i’ll wait in a queue for five hours For nothing, what a waste of time
Seems like a double dip; get several outfitter tags then use their clients info to buy them a separate tag. So what happens to the allocated tags?

I have no issue with the way it's done. The issue is the inability to handle the demand, for the online portion at least. Unfortunately we'll all be here 12/1/23 bitching about the same problems.
I won’t waste my time standing in line for five years I’ll head to Idaho and buy my own

That’s what I was getting at as much as everyone likes to hate nr. There might need to be something done with the resident population increase. My brother has lived there for 5 years in star and it’s crazy how many people have moved in. F ing Californians is what I always hear.

Your brother recently moved to idaho and then complains about other transplants moving to idaho. Sounds about right. But yeah Covid hysteria kicked it into high gear. Idaho isn’t Idaho anymore unfortunately.

Rob5589

WKR
That’s a good point because I don’t know anyone on here personally. My intent wasn’t to point the finger at anyone specifically, but the fact of the matter is there are more d bags than not that come here out of state and disrespect what we got going on over here. Unfortunately the influx of new residents is arguably a bigger problem, diff topic. I get the OS is a piece of crap and could work better. But get a tag or not, what good does it do to bitch about? If you get a tag great be happy, if you don’t and you get booted out , shake it off and move forward- be a man about it. If I didn’t get a tag out of state because of some glitch or something, I sure as hell wouldn’t be on here bitching about it. That kind of mentality is a big part of what is wrong with this beta filled world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't get a tag based on your number in line, just the way it is. People are complaining about the inept system that we are required to use and have a valid reason to do so.

Zbot

WKR
Soooo…..dumb question. I was #1320 in line and still missed out on an elk tag 😳 but was able to pick up a DAV regular deer tag. It didn’t give me the option to pick a unit unlike others I know. Did I do something wrong? Is it a statewide tag as long as I hunt available units or did the system glitch on me and I don’t have a tag?

Thanks!

I got lucky!! I was 19,505 in line. I picked up a coveted forky horn only mule deer tag!!! Stoked. There were a few other mulie tags available.
Without sarcasm: I wanted about 5 other hunts. I am just happy to be going afield and run a great chance of putting 60 pounds of meat in my freezer. Glassing mule deer in sage brush country is my second favorite thing to do. I'll have an Oregon mulie tag roughly 30 miles from this hunt. That will end 7 days before this tag. I'm lined up to hunt mulies from Oct 7 thru the 24 th.
Yeah, that don't suck.
I will see you there! Ha ha

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
Friends drove there stayed the night were 3rd in line didn’t get the tag they were after.
No camping in line they say, oh well a draw would be less stress. No one could complain then either 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

KurtR

WKR
Your brother recently moved to idaho and then complains about other transplants moving to idaho. Sounds about right. But yeah Covid hysteria kicked it into high gear. Idaho isn’t Idaho anymore unfortunately.
Coming from South Dakota seems you need some help in countering the Californians influence. He would have moved back here if his wife would have but it’s better than North Carolina where he was. He wasn’t complaining but amazed how many people moved there in the last 5 years. But don’t worry he’s wanting to get back here as he misses a how much and everything we get to hunt and fish .

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Soooo…..dumb question. I was #1320 in line and still missed out on an elk tag 😳 but was able to pick up a DAV regular deer tag. It didn’t give me the option to pick a unit unlike others I know. Did I do something wrong? Is it a statewide tag as long as I hunt available units or did the system glitch on me and I don’t have a tag?

Thanks!
you are allowed to hunt any otc unit, i had the same question for the 2021 season so i emailed them and thats what they told me.

Scooter37

FNG
I’m pretty sure the state of Idaho and the IDFG have no interest in changing a system that with the confusion make them a lot of extra money.

How much extra money was spent in the state yesterday by people driving there to buy tags in person? Or just getting out of the house to eat get some gas then and go wait in line for there buddies from out of state

How many people bought a hunting license in advance hoping it would get them to the elk or deer buying page with less hiccups.

How many tags were bought, to be returned in the coming months, because a party can’t hunt together

How many tags will be returned because someone draws next year a tag they would rather hunt in another state.

Every returned tag gets a partial refund then gets sold again for full price so why would they care as long as the lowest bidder contractor is selling out everything for them on day one and setting it up to resell as much as possible in the months to come

Honestly I get sick of all the bickering on here. Non residents took advantage of our home state for decades. Sometimes purchasing 2 tags and shooting every young buck/bull they came across. Regulation has moved in the right direction, the operating system could be more efficient no question. But can you really bitch when the floodgates were open for years? Idaho was everyone’s place to go when they didn’t draw anything else. Obviously as a homegrown resident I’m biased, I’m not opposed to out of state hunters at all. I just don’t like the pre Madonnas that feel entitled to hunt here and disrespect the people that pay to live here.

I too get tired of resident vs non -resident. I do take exception to one of your statements. For years the only way N/R tags sold out was because residents bought them so they could shoot 2elk. Been hunting Idaho for 30 years. Never had to buy tags before midsummer. Residents complaining about N/R hunting pressure ( without consideration to resident population growth)was a big driver for the system we have now.

Thanks!
This doesn’t sound correct. At # 1900 in line on the net there were still lots of elk tags available. Only a handful of units were sold out before 1300. You sure your not missing a zero?

This doesn’t sound correct. At # 1900 in line on the net there were still lots of elk tags available. Only a handful of units were sold out before 1300. You sure your not missing a zero?
I think he was referring to the DAV elk tag. They sold out fast if what I saw was accurate.

I heard it will be working just fine for the residents when we get our shot. :)

Just poking, no feelings, I don't care NR hunt here. The tags are capped so I don't know why most give themselves a wedgie on the topic. LOL.

I heard it will be working just fine for the residents when we get our shot. :)

Just poking, no feelings, I don't care NR hunt here. The tags are capped so I don't know why most give themselves a wedgie on the topic. LOL.
I have hunted Idaho as a NR since the mid 80`s. NR has always been capped at like 10%.

WRO

WKR
Seems like a double dip; get several outfitter tags then use their clients info to buy them a separate tag. So what happens to the allocated tags?

I have no issue with the way it's done. The issue is the inability to handle the demand, for the online portion at least. Unfortunately we'll all be here 12/1/23 bitching about the same problems.

They still sell them, outfitters here get allocated tags based on how many hunts guide.

If you’re in a jam post hunting draws, there’s usually some good deals on outfitter tags that are “outfitted”.

ianpadron

WKR
That’s a good point because I don’t know anyone on here personally. My intent wasn’t to point the finger at anyone specifically, but the fact of the matter is there are more d bags than not that come here out of state and disrespect what we got going on over here. Unfortunately the influx of new residents is arguably a bigger problem, diff topic. I get the OS is a piece of crap and could work better. But get a tag or not, what good does it do to bitch about? If you get a tag great be happy, if you don’t and you get booted out , shake it off and move forward- be a man about it. If I didn’t get a tag out of state because of some glitch or something, I sure as hell wouldn’t be on here bitching about it. That kind of mentality is a big part of what is wrong with this beta filled world.

Funny. All the D bags I've run into while hunting in Idaho are from Idaho. Shit, your got the CA guys so afraid they won't even tell you where they're from anymore 🤣

In addition to the bitching, you'll notice a plethora of suggestions for alternative methods of allocating tags in this thread.

Many of which will surely be pitched to IDFG for their next planning and reg setting session by those of us who regularly interact with state agencies.

And don't worry about glitches elsewhere, ID is the only place it's an issue, which again, is why so many guys are frustrated.

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
Ian- That’s perfect. Honestly Idaho prob should just go to a draw system. The IDFG is well aware of the flaws in system and have also publicly apologized about it. I thinks it’s time to move on. You seem to be very opinionated for a young kid from the Midwest who hasn’t really cut his teeth out west yet. Not trying to start anything here, I think we can both agree to disagree and move on bud.