Idaho Tag Site Already Crashed

If it comes down to getting a tag its doable. Only a matter of how picky you are. I didnt have internet where i was working and couldnt log on. I did logon at 2 and got number 47,000 in line. When my number came up at 9:10 pm there were still deer and elk tags available. I understand they are not desirable tags at all but its still an otc tag.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I don’t agree. I started trying to login 29 minutes before live. I was in earlier and purchased a hunting license with no issues. I started getting the wheel of death and website not available messages almost immediately. I am not convinced the waiting room was conducted as expected due to these errors. Yes I should have driven to Idaho and bought in person.

Well I was assigned 16k and chance. At 445pm PT when I was able to log in there was it anything available outside of rifle b tags and archery for Dvorshak (forget spelling). None of the 7 zones I was looking to hunt archery in were available. I passed. I wasn’t getting desperate on tags that weren’t what I was looking for.

I will press my luck on the MT draw and or left over tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you Idaho residents, are you still able to go to a store and buy your OTC tag while the website is crashed from all the NR tools?

croben

Lil-Rokslider
Who else is playing this game again this year. Website is already crashed and the waiting room isn’t even open yet.
It was frustrating. I got online in the waiting room 45 minutes early and ended up like 4900 in line. My buddy called 30min after it opened and ended up getting a tag before I did. I called about 30min after he did to see if it would speed it up, but I didn’t hear anything until later that evening.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
It was frustrating. I got online in the waiting room 45 minutes early and ended up like 4900 in line. My buddy called 30min after it opened and ended up getting a tag before I did. I called about 30min after he did to see if it would speed it up, but I didn’t hear anything until later that evening.
Should do an open records request and see how many tags were sold to people online/phone/in person-would upset a few folks if that info came out I bet.

For you Idaho residents, are you still able to go to a store and buy your OTC tag while the website is crashed from all the NR tools?

We can buy our OTC tags now, but we can’t pick them up until July after the controlled hunt drawings are done, they give us receipts to swap for them(I’ve never actually had to turn in one of the receipts though ). I always get my receipts when I buy my sportsman’s package since it has everything I need to start duck, cat and wolf hunting or fishing January 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
Idaho already requires the purchase of a license. It is also one of the more expensive nonresident in the west. Obviously, it’s working well.

Yea if you draw or get a tag! Been several times and was just trying to Purchase a tag in the last mess.

I did not have to buy anything to put in for a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jd30069

FNG
Agreed, but the waiting room functioning was the key to that. The waiting room hasnt been the issue the last several years. Its a quasi-draw if you are able to log in the waiting room. If the site crashed like today and you cant be in the pool thats random, its different.
I respectfully disagree. I have been in the waiting room twice in previous years. Once the phone lines went down supposedly and i was disconnected and tried to get back in all day.... about 6 finally did... sorry all gone. The next year I was in the waiting room and nothing the rest of the day; called support got an answer again about 6. This year could not get back in by 11:00 so I knew it was over. If this was real life, they all would have been fired two years ago....unless they are getting what they want.
I have been fortunate to hunt in Idaho the previous 4 years before this started and have many great friends and memories never thought this incompendance would end it. At 72 not that many more chances to get in waiting room under #7000. ....they truly have no use for NR hunters after Dec 1 cash flow day.

jd30069

FNG
My friend who was at sportsman's just texted, he's got his license and tags. Elk tag is for a popular unit. Took an hour and forty minutes in person. If you have a local vender this is the way to go.
Will this work at any Idaho license computer or was this done as a personal request

sneaky

"DADDY"
Will this work at any Idaho license computer or was this done as a personal request
At 10am on Dec 1st tag sales go live online, the phone, and at license vendors. There are no "personal requests".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jd30069

FNG
At 10am on Dec 1st tag sales go live online, the phone, and at license vendors. There are no "personal requests".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
could you have made a request for your friend to additionally purchase your tags or would you have had to be there (in person) also

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
could you have made a request for your friend to additionally purchase your tags or would you have had to be there (in person) also
Yes, gatta beat the guides and outfitters to the front of the line tho, good luck with that.

Fullfan

WKR
Yes, gatta beat the guides and outfitters to the front of the line tho, good luck with that.
I was there and saw it first hand. The outfitter that was where I was, sold 6 hunts w grantee tags. According to him, after I questioned him as to why he was there.

Idagnome

FNG
The fiasco of Dec 1 is on the upcoming IDFG Commissioners meeting. Public comment is Jan 25 at 7pm (Boise). Here's the link to the meeting agenda (IDFG site has broken links, go figure) https://idfg.idaho.gov/d7/about/commission/january-annual-meeting-commission-1

They're going over Dec 1 specifically the next day at 1:15. The sheet shows just how fast the OTC NR has sold out in the past three years, and the $$.

Attachments

• commission-meeting-12-12523-12623.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 15

TheTone

WKR
I was there and saw it first hand. The outfitter that was where I was, sold 6 hunts w grantee tags. According to him, after I questioned him as to why he was there.
Pretty crappy since most get allocated tags that there is no need to rush to purchase