Idaho Spring Bear

lak2004

WKR
I'll be sure to let the multiple people I know that have almost died from tick bites that some random dude on the internet thinks they're blowing it way out of proportion and they need to just toughen up.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Agreed. I know 2 people with debilitating issues directly related to ticks. One with lymes disease and the other with lone star. You don't have to be deathly afraid of the things, but some vigilance is wise.

Different species of ticks carry different diseases, right? Only the lone star tick can transfer Alpha-gal and some don't carry lyme disease. Seems like if you find one buried you should identify it and asses the potential risks accordingly...

IDVortex

WKR
I just show dominance to ticks.

Once I find one on me, I rip it off as me, send flying into outer space, once it returns back to earth, I grab just before it slams into the ground and I body slam it into the ground, while it's stunned to realize what even just happened, I jump over to it then pee on it. Then let it know that it must call me master from that point on and to warn all ticks about me.

Just like that, I have no tick issues.

I keep going back and forth on carrying for spring bear, all for the reasons you have. But them also realize when I'm packing in my rifle is on my pack, so then I go back to wanting a holster on my pack belt. Who knows what I'll end up doing.
I got a gunholsters.inc custom chest holster and it’s not even noticeable to carry.

I’d recommend them if you end up doing it, super quality company, customer service and gear.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I got a gunholsters.inc custom chest holster and it’s not even noticeable to carry.

I’d recommend them if you end up doing it, super quality company, customer service and gear.
I think this is the overall best option in the woods. One downside can be if you have a lot of reps going to your waist for your gun, that will take some re-training.
Grouse me how I know.

jzelk

FNG
Oops, you're right of course, thanks.

Wow that sounds like quite the experience, i would need new pants! What did you do and how did it respond?
This all happened pretty quick, I didn't really think, but I threw my hat (that was resting on my knee) at it, and hit it while yelling and lungeing at it. It jumped a few yards away, then I grabbed my shotgun off of my pack and backed out of there.

IDVortex

WKR
Well, tick season is about us. Never had a tick bite me once in my life, went to my mother's house yesterday in town and got home, took my shirt off and a tick had already bitten into me. The war on ticks have now begun.

Went out actively bear hunting for the first time this weekend, I've always just skipped bear. Based off this track, would you say this is a big bear?

3800' elevation, in the snow, and yes, ticks are everywhere!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_093708726.jpg
    IMG_20240420_093708726.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240420_093610928.jpg
    IMG_20240420_093610928.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240420_093636089.jpg
    IMG_20240420_093636089.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 43
Went out actively bear hunting for the first time this weekend, I've always just skipped bear. Based off this track, would you say this is a big bear?

3800' elevation, in the snow, and yes, ticks are everywhere!!!!!!
Hmmm, I'd say at least an average bear. Hard to tell without your hand right next to it in the snow itself. Also, not sure how big your hands are 😁