Idaho Opener

OP
Customweld
Major weather change for southern Idaho! Mid 80s yesterday in Boise, 60 today with rain. Looking forward to reading posts from those out on opening day. I'm waiting for awhile before embarking.
It would have been a good day to be out, this evening should be fantastic.

Looking like I have a pretty busy month. Work took me out of town today. I may try to sneak in an evening hunt next week sometime, then I’m gonna head out to Montana to shoot a lope next weekend. I’ll start getting serious about deer on the 27th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSimons9

FNG
Headed out in the morning. Just moved here a week ago and looking forward to my first of many Idaho deer hunts, hopefully the last one as a nonresident.

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
Major weather change for southern Idaho! Mid 80s yesterday in Boise, 60 today with rain. Looking forward to reading posts from those out on opening day. I'm waiting for awhile before embarking.
I keep getting conflicting reports on the weather for next week, some sites saying mid 60s day and mid 30s night, others saying mid 40s day and low 20s night.. strange. Looking at weather in Atlanta ID

OP
Customweld
I keep getting conflicting reports on the weather for next week, some sites saying mid 60s day and mid 30s night, others saying mid 40s day and low 20s night.. strange. Looking at weather in Atlanta ID
NOAA changed the outlook this weekend from rain to just overcast in Southern Idaho. It rained pretty good yesterday and this morning in Emmett. 40's would be much better than 60's.

dano626

FNG
Ive been watching too and its all over the place right now. Forecast is changing daily.

TaperPin

WKR
In Reno we have some snow above 7000 feet - the weather we have today usually makes it to Boise by tomorrow - should be a good week for hunting!

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
NOAA changed the outlook this weekend from rain to just overcast in Southern Idaho. It rained pretty good yesterday and this morning in Emmett. 40's would be much better than 60's.
Yeah, I wouldn’t mind for it to cool off a bit. Does seem like there may be some rain/weather Tuesday which would be nice just to shake things up a bit. Nothing crazy but a weather shift in the middle of my hunt sounds good

sneaky

"DADDY"
I use NOAA Point Forecast and just click on the map on exactly where I want the weather guessers best try lol. It's helpful for getting info at elevation for sure.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is all I was able to do the last couple days. Backpacked in on a buck we’d seen the day before and couldn’t turn him up again. Back to base camp to restock now and switching things up. Pressure in my area is wayyy up, hunted it the last couple years and it’s never been like this. And it’s not even the weekend yet.
2E871DD0-9FFF-4C35-A914-72A0FEE619A2.jpeg

BAKPAKR

WKR
This is all I was able to do the last couple days. Backpacked in on a buck we’d seen the day before and couldn’t turn him up again. Back to base camp to restock now and switching things up. Pressure in my area is wayyy up, hunted it the last couple years and it’s never been like this. And it’s not even the weekend yet.
View attachment 613301

They ought to put a warning on those stoves like McDonalds does on its coffee cups. 😀

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
Flying out of Daytona beach at 1530, hope to be on the glassing knob by tomorrow evening in unit 39. Good luck everyone!

IMG_2023.jpeg
25 degree high with 30 knot winds and snow tan I s out of the backcountry. Bounced around some lower elevation stuff for a day and it was CRAWLING with people. Deer numbers were depressingly low. Headed back up high yesterday and the boss lady knocked down her first animal. She hiked, glassed and hunted her tail off and was rewarded with a beautiful burn buck in the high country.

Rotnguns

FNG
Glad that you and your wife had a successful hunt. Lots of Idaho got hammered by wind today. I'm planning to head out next week when hopefully, the hunters will have thinned out.