Idaho Lifetime License- Non-Resident

rom828q

FNG
Does anyone know if Idaho Lifetime License holders that have moved out of state are still put in to the draw in the resident pool? Additionally, are they still exempt from the non-resident tag quotas? Used to be the case I believe. Haven't been able to find anything in the regs/online that clarifies this. Will probably just have to give fish and game a call and ask.

OP
R

rom828q

FNG
Still in the resident pool and exempt from NR quotas.
Nice. That was my understanding, but haven't been able to confirm it anywhere. I'll have to give fish and game a call Monday then and see how I go about buying a regular tag too. Online it doesn't give me the option to purchase any tags.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Nice. That was my understanding, but haven't been able to confirm it anywhere. I'll have to give fish and game a call Monday then and see how I go about buying a regular tag too. Online it doesn't give me the option to purchase any tags.
You won’t be able to purchase an elk tag until July when resident tags go on sale.

Idaboy

WKR
Ah duh, there's that detail. Thanks.
July? For quota zones....you can buy regular otc now and/or elk tag "receipt"right now and then if you don't draw controlled hunt, or you skip controlled hunt to try and get a quota tag, but miss those, then just exchange your receipt tag for any OTC tag ...application period is this month for controlled hunts

July? For quota zones....you can buy regular otc now and/or elk tag "receipt"right now and then if you don't draw controlled hunt, or you skip controlled hunt to try and get a quota tag, but miss those, then just exchange your receipt tag for any OTC tag ...application period is this month for controlled hunts

No you can’t get the regular zones right now, no zone elk tags or general deer tags for residents until after draw results come out, it makes sense, could you imagine the cluster they would have trying to exchange all those tags after the draws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaboy

WKR
No you can’t get the regular zones right now, no zone elk tags or general deer tags for residents until after draw results come out, it makes sense, could you imagine the cluster they would have trying to exchange all those tags after the draws

I bought my general elk tag "receipt" like 3 months ago...just exchange it for whatever otc zone in the fall before I head out

I bought my general elk tag "receipt" like 3 months ago...just exchange it for whatever otc zone in the fall before I head out

Yea me too, but you said he could get general zone tags right now, that is factually incorrect

What about the Idaho Sportsman package?
Does anyone know if a lifetime license holder who has since moved out of state can buy the sportsman package as a non resident?
I assume no, because we still have non res tag fees but Their website is confusing in the descriptions.

Does anyone know if a lifetime license holder who has since moved out of state can buy the sportsman package as a non resident?
I assume no, because we still have non res tag fees but Their website is confusing in the descriptions.

Sportsman’s package includes the hunting/fishing combination license. I don’t think you can as that would mean you would then have 2 licenses each year

4F4DC5E4-6096-4D32-9849-8DE4D1FD402F.jpeg

This is at the bottom of their lifetime license description page. It says available to residents only but then in the sportsman package part it says if you move outside of Idaho during the life of the lifetime license it just needs to exchange for non res license…

View attachment 555002

This is at the bottom of their lifetime license description page. It says available to residents only but then in the sportsman package part it says if you move outside of Idaho during the life of the lifetime license it just needs to exchange for non res license…

That is referencing the 3 year license only, not the lifetime license

tboltz34

FNG
Quick question. If the lifetime license holder moves out of state, can they pickup a general elk or deer tag without going through the nonresident mess on December 1st? Basically, they are guaranteed an elk and deer tag every year in the zones that don't have a resident cap?

Quick question. If the lifetime license holder moves out of state, can they pickup a general elk or deer tag without going through the nonresident mess on December 1st? Basically, they are guaranteed an elk and deer tag every year in the zones that don't have a resident cap?
Yes.

Idaboy

WKR
Would call and ask

IdahoBeav

WKR
You get everything a resident does except for tag price. You have to pay the nonres prices.