Idaho draw results 2023

I can’t remember if they posted a fish stocking report or some other nonsense first via email. Then people started talking shit to them on social media and they started talking shit back.
Every wildlife agency does that. All I think every time is I don’t care about hummingbird populations. Just give us the results 😂

Fatcamp

WKR
I can’t remember if they posted a fish stocking report or some other nonsense first via email. Then people started talking shit to them on social media and they started talking shit back.

SDGFP has sent me a reminder I can fish in the summer email and an email about submitting predator tails this weekend.

😐

Hi gentlemen. I'm new here. I'm going Wednesday, since that's what it was this week last year.

I always go crazy, but this year is bad. My son just turned 10 and we put in for several hunts together. That would be epic. Either way though my daughter is 12 and it's the first time all 4 of us (Wife) will have tags. We all hit it pretty hard so I'm just hoping one of us gets a good tag.
Luckily I'm leaving Thursday for a 5 day Cutthroat/Bull trout Fly-fishing trip. So my mind has been busy.

Good luck everybody!

Mojave

WKR
#1XXXXArea XXXXAntleredXX/01/2023 - XX/31/2023N/A

I take it to mean they aren't out yet?

Usually the years it goes into July there was issues with the other draws that the company runs and you can kind of see it coming. Everything’s been smooth this year so I feel pretty confident it’ll be any day now.

slifer

FNG
My understanding from a senior person within the department is that after the computers run the draw they go in and manually verify that each selectee is eligible for the tag they just drew.
What deems someone as ineligible if they were able to apply?

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
If you apply for goat, sheep, moose in Idaho there are only certain hunts you can apply for with deer, elk, antelope. I believe its only open for unlimited and extra controlled hunts. Also if you drew an antlered controlled hunt the prior year, you cant apply for that species the next year. Im sure I am missing something but its all in the regs.

If you apply for goat, sheep, moose in Idaho there are only certain hunts you can apply for with deer, elk, antelope. I believe its only open for unlimited and extra controlled hunts. Also if you drew an antlered controlled hunt the prior year, you cant apply for that species the next year. Im sure I am missing something but its all in the regs.
right, but it’sa good question whether you even CAN put in for those. ie, whether the computer will even let you.

Do you get DQ’ed if you don’t submit a harvest report?

Last edited:
Good quain

right, but it’sa good question whether you even CAN put in for those. ie, whether the computer will even let you.

Do you get DQ’ed if you don’t submit a harvest report?
It's been a while since I have forgotten to turn in a harvest report but in the past, it wouldn't let you proceed with purchasing a new license or tag if you hadn't submitted one. This was prior to the new vendor, so I don't know if that is still the case.

slifer

FNG
If I am understanding correctly, the system would let me apply for a deer-controlled hunt this year even if I had drawn a deer species-controlled hunt the previous year?

If I am understanding correctly, the system would let me apply for a deer-controlled hunt this year even if I had drawn a deer species-controlled hunt the previous year?
For antlerless, yes. Theoretically if you drew an antlered deer last year, it would deem you ineligible when you tried to add the application to your cart. I had trouble this year applying for all of my permits and had to have IFG reset my online account.

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I am not sure what the IDFG system would do, never tried it. But if you drew controlled antlered deer in 2022 then you would be ineligible for antlered deer controlled hunts for 2023 season.

Hi gentlemen. I'm new here. I'm going Wednesday, since that's what it was this week last year.

I always go crazy, but this year is bad. My son just turned 10 and we put in for several hunts together. That would be epic. Either way though my daughter is 12 and it's the first time all 4 of us (Wife) will have tags. We all hit it pretty hard so I'm just hoping one of us gets a good tag.
Luckily I'm leaving Thursday for a 5 day Cutthroat/Bull trout Fly-fishing trip. So my mind has been busy.

Good luck everybody!

I am not sure what the IDFG system would do, never tried it. But if you drew controlled antlered deer in 2022 then you would be ineligible for antlered deer controlled hunts for 2023 season.
I can tell you for a fact when I drew unit 41, 2 years ago, I tested it.

I typed in a random controlled hunt for antlered deer and when you type the hunt number in it literally won't let you do it. It doesn't even tell you why, just something like "Please enter a valid hunt number" or something similar.

I knew of course, but I wanted to make sure it would only allow me to put In for stuff I was eligible for.

TLDR: The computer definitely knows, so why the hell even have a computerized draw if you still need to manually check after.

Shit they probably just screw stuff up .