Idaho draw results 2023

Anyone got any guesses on when they will draw for deer, elk and antelope?
I got called on june 9th from IDFG and told I was drawn for one of the ten deer Super Hunt tag for 2023!!!!
So I'm looking for suggestions? Looks like unit 44 may be the unit to hunt. Been chasing a toad in 36a the last 2 yrs but a very difficult hunt. Also been hunting 43 but it's very crowded. Also eyeing the late hunt in 54 in November. What's my best chance, early or late season? I've never been lucky enough to hunt late season and have only dreamed about it! Thx

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
I got called on june 9th from IDFG and told I was drawn for one of the ten deer Super Hunt tag for 2023!!!!
So I'm looking for suggestions? Looks like unit 44 may be the unit to hunt. Been chasing a toad in 36a the last 2 yrs but a very difficult hunt. Also been hunting 43 but it's very crowded. Also eyeing the late hunt in 54 in November. What's my best chance, early or late season? I've never been lucky enough to hunt late season and have only dreamed about it! Thx
I wouldnt spend a time of time in 44.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Every other state gets it done quicker and correct. Why not have both. The other states that I know of that use this company for draws got them done in half the time so it seems it’s on Idahos end.

Hey I agree with you on something seriously though Idaho has about the simplest draw system out there. I know they will probably reject it but when the bid for the draw vendor opens up next time I’m going to propose running the draw manually from a bucket, obviously I would need some people from IDFG and someone from the general public there as witnesses. When I do it I’ll rent out expo Idaho for a day, have a PA system, hook up a giant screen to track as names are pulled from the bucket and whether the individual is awarded a tag. I’ll charge $30 entry for anyone that wants to come, and besides being present for an exciting event it would also include all you can eat pancake breakfast until 10 am and all you can eat BBQ from 11:30-3, and a no host bar($$$). All proceeds go to cover cost of the event and whatever is left over can go into IDFG’s access yes fund, or direct to habitat improvement(just not the general fund). I would do all of this(both OIL and Deer/Elk/Antelope draws, spring bear and turkey without all the hoopla) for the low low cost of $200k/yr all I need is a web developer who can set up a new license site for $100k/yr, I’ll take the other $100k and hunt and fish 363 days a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
I would also recommend listening to this podcast episode by Robby Denning.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Hey I agree with you on something seriously though Idaho has about the simplest draw system out there. I know they will probably reject it but when the bid for the draw vendor opens up next time I’m going to propose running the draw manually from a bucket, obviously I would need some people from IDFG and someone from the general public there as witnesses. When I do it I’ll rent out expo Idaho for a day, have a PA system, hook up a giant screen to track as names are pulled from the bucket and whether the individual is awarded a tag. I’ll charge $30 entry for anyone that wants to come, and besides being present for an exciting event it would also include all you can eat pancake breakfast until 10 am and all you can eat BBQ from 11:30-3, and a no host bar($$$). All proceeds go to cover cost of the event and whatever is left over can go into IDFG’s access yes fund, or direct to habitat improvement(just not the general fund). I would do all of this(both OIL and Deer/Elk/Antelope draws, spring bear and turkey without all the hoopla) for the low low cost of $200k/yr all I need is a web developer who can set up a new license site for $100k/yr, I’ll take the other $100k and hunt and fish 363 days a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My favorite comment was in 21 someone said their neighbors kid could do it in a night for Cheetos and a monster 🤣 The accuracy is almost sad.

Idk I apply for so many things and states I can't keep track of all the refunds and costs and who does what.
Now that you guys meantion it. Sure idaho not having to front the money sounds familiar.

My favorite comment was in 21 someone said their neighbors kid could do it in a night for Cheetos and a monster 🤣 The accuracy is almost sad.
That's effing epic 😆 🤣

Hey...I have so much respect for the guys that say it's a blessing to be here, and to have such an opportunity and wait till the 10th.

The rest of you assholes come over drink a beer and plan some hunts lol. I'm putting a brisket on the smoker.

Just teasing. I think we are obviously just talking about shit. I'm having a great day. Just loaded my dry fly box with purple stuff, it's a good day. Let's get these draw results next.

Attachments

• 16879750775542506128439489293907.jpg
    16879750775542506128439489293907.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 25
That's effing epic 😆 🤣

Hey...I have so much respect for the guys that say it's a blessing to be here, and to have such an opportunity and wait till the 10th.

The rest of you assholes come over drink a beer and plan some hunts lol. I'm putting a brisket on the smoker.

Just teasing. I think we are obviously just talking about shit. I'm having a great day. Just loaded my dry fly box with purple stuff, it's a good day. Let's get these draw results next.
Floated the Green all day Saturday and all I could thing about was the draw 🤣

CorbLand

WKR
At least it only takes a month. Up to this year, Utah would take 3-4.

Guess what, people bitched this year that it wasn't fast enough. Even had a dude bitch that they pushed the application period back because he wanted to apply sooner.

At least it only takes a month. Up to this year, Utah would take 3-4.

Guess what, people bitched this year that it wasn't fast enough. Even had a dude bitch that they pushed the application period back because he wanted to apply sooner.
Then they still didn’t announce official tag numbers while the draw was open after stating that was the whole reason for pushing applications forward. I honestly don’t care at the end of the day how fast it is, just get them out before the summer so we can scout. Mid June is great and Idahos done it a few times.

CorbLand

WKR
Then they still didn’t announce official tag numbers while the draw was open after stating that was the whole reason for pushing applications forward. I honestly don’t care at the end of the day how fast it is, just get them out before the summer so we can scout. Mid June is great and Idahos done it a few times.
They stated from the get go that there wouldnt be solid numbers by the end of the application period but you would have an idea if you paid attention to the RACs. If you watched the RAC meetings and thought the Board was going to back the Division, I dont know what to tell you.

What are you scouting for in mid June? Really, your pretty much wasting your time much before the second week of July.

They stated from the get go that there wouldnt be solid numbers by the end of the application period but you would have an idea if you paid attention to the RACs. If you watched the RAC meetings and thought the Board was going to back the Division, I dont know what to tell you.

What are you scouting for in mid June? Really, your pretty much wasting your time much before the second week of July.
Okay I’ll let the dead animals know I was wasting time when I found them.

I didn’t care enough to pay attention this year. I had enough points for the hunt I wanted I was guaranteed unless they got rid of tags completely.

It's a waste of time to scout in June? Lol.

Migratory mule deer territory perhaps. I know plenty of spots where the elk are already back in the cooler areas they will be collecting coes in September.
Yeah that was a very blanketed statement. 8/9 tags were in for in Idaho we could be getting productive scouting in today.

CorbLand

WKR
Okay I’ll let the dead animals know I was wasting time when I found them.

I didn’t care enough to pay attention this year. I had enough points for the hunt I wanted I was guaranteed unless they got rid of tags completely.
I guess if you are just looking for animals in general it can be beneficial. Around here, most animals dont have much growth to determine much of anything.