Idaho 2023-2024 Seasons Proposals

87TT

WKR
Would like to see some veterans opportunities in Idaho. NM, for example, has some good returning Afghanistan/Iraq vet hunts on WSMR and half price tags for military.

Idaho, as far as I can tell, could give a rip.
A DAV license, elk tag and deer tag is less than $50.00 total in Idaho. Don't see any other state do that. Plus discounted license and tags for NR DAV's too.

87TT

WKR
Not a chance in hell. You think nobody but yourself is ethical?
I have seen a few dead 3pt deer feeding the birds. Don't know the harvest stats for the control hunt but here are only 60 tags. If I ever draw it, I will fill that tag if I can but not going to pass on a decent buck.

IDLassie

Lil-Rokslider
It isn't the non-resident hunters you need to worry about.
It's the non-resident who have moved here then want to change everything to what they just ran away from.

The worst hunters I've seen to date have been residents.

Some of the nicest (I said some) have been non-resident hunters.

Went and commented on the changes last night. Didn't see one younger hunter there to voice there opinion.
Most of us were 60 plus.
I see a huge hole coming in the next 10 years or so by all of oldies who won't be able to hunt anymore.
So quit your bitching and act like grown ups.
With some of the elk changes that are coming to one hunt we've been hunting, we won't be hunting elk anymore.

Roguer53

FNG
As for antler restrictions, try unit 22. Can't shoot anything over a two point deer. If that worked, we would be overrun with big deer. I've found more than a few dead three point deer left to rot.
I've found them as well..such a shame

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
Would like to see some veterans opportunities in Idaho. NM, for example, has some good returning Afghanistan/Iraq vet hunts on WSMR and half price tags for military.

Idaho, as far as I can tell, could give a rip.
Sure the tags are cheap, but I'd like to see opportunity for the DAV (and youth) to get out a a few days before general season opener.

Sure the tags are cheap, but I'd like to see opportunity for the DAV (and youth) to get out a a few days before general season opener.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it seems most of the DAV I know are very able bodied, it doesn’t take much to get a disability rating that gets you the discounted tags, I don’t think DAV need to be hunting outside of the normal seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the non-resident who have moved here then want to change everything to what they just ran away from.

Went and commented on the changes last night. Didn't see one younger hunter there to voice there opinion.
Most of us were 60 plus.
I see a huge hole coming in the next 10 years or so by all of oldies who won't be able to hunt anymore.
With some of the elk changes that are coming to one hunt we've been hunting, we won't be hunting elk anymore.

I’m guessing it has a lot to do with the fact those of us who are younger are busy working and raising children. Somehow IDFG always manages to plan the meetings when I have to be out of town for work

sneaky

"DADDY"

Most of us were 60 plus.
Was that you I was talking to last night in Challis? Talking about the cow hunts and you and your daughter filling your tags?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’m guessing it has a lot to do with the fact those of us who are younger are busy working and raising children. Somehow IDFG always manages to plan the meetings when I have to be out of town for work

You can comment on them online as well. They didn't do a presentation, they just have a bunch of info boards hung up and a comment sheet you fill out on the proposals. You can do that from home. At least that's how ours went.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Why? Youth already get a bunch of their own hunts, and vets don't need a head start either. I've got a disability rating but I'm not looking for any advantages.

You can comment on them online as well. They didn't do a presentation, they just have a bunch of info boards hung up and a comment sheet you fill out on the proposals. You can do that from home. At least that's how ours went.

I do definitely comment online, I just think that maybe showing up at a meeting in person might hold more weight but unfortunately I’ve never been free on an evening when they’ve done a meeting

Ummm... Idaho has the cheapest DAV tags in the country for deer and elk. A few hundred of them to be exact. Try again. And, before you fire back about veteran preference, I spent 12 years in the Corps. We all volunteered. No one promised us reduced price tags at any point. Anything that is offered should be appreciated, but never expected.

You seem stable. I didn’t say I was entitled to anything, big guy. Just said it would be nice.

Quit projecting

sneaky

"DADDY"
You seem stable. I didn’t say I was entitled to anything, big guy. Just said it would be nice.

Quit projecting
Stable as can be little man. For those who buy one of the 300 or so DAV tags as NR it is really nice. They get to hunt Idaho cheap. Idaho doesn't have to do it, but they do. Heck, used to be as long as there were NR tags DAV guys could buy them at reduced price, but it was exploited by all the paper disabled types who have no problems back country hunting. Last couple of years it's been 300 or so tags, which is still a good amount.

Stable as can be little man. For those who buy one of the 300 or so DAV tags as NR it is really nice. They get to hunt Idaho cheap. Idaho doesn't have to do it, but they do. Heck, used to be as long as there were NR tags DAV guys could buy them at reduced price, but it was exploited by all the paper disabled types who have no problems back country hunting. Last couple of years it's been 300 or so tags, which is still a good amount.

Amazing story, bro.