I'd be a better hunter if I....

tttoadman

WKR
Patience to learn to hunt smart. Knowing when to blow and go or sit and wait.

I would be better hunter if I was more skilled at shooting. Some are just naturally steady. I am not.

GCC79

FNG
Scouting more would be #1. Patience would be close. Sitting longer instead of trying to see what's just over the next ridge.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There’s elk over that next ridge and you know it. Dozens of them, all standing broadside! Let’s go! NOW!

Of course there are, and those bulls are ready for some fighting. But instead of waiting two more seconds for one to step out from behind that stand of trees, it's more fun to just run over and see why they haven't stepped out yet.

More knowledge, patience to sit longer (eastern hunter), buttocks to sit longer, moved less, focus less on other things, be in the woods more.

mcseal2

WKR
I'd be better if I'd hunt the same units more often. I am still looking for a deer unit I want to keep coming back to.

I have trouble committing to a spot for muleys without having spotted a shooter buck in it. When I have put eyes on one I can be patient for days, but when I'm still looking for a target buck I tend to skip around to much.

I think being in better shape would help me at times. If I glass up an animal far off and need to cover country I can't always get there as fast as I'd like. Often being slower and more methodical helps though, I try to make my weakness into a strength when possible. Being younger might help with that too while I'm wishing.

I know I'd be a better hunter if I lived at the elevations I hunt at! Guy I hunt with in Wyoming says he has trouble seeing deer at my place in KS because he has to look through all the oxygen, clouds his vision.

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
I’d be a better hunter if anybody gave me some direction to their honey hole but I don’t want your honey hole , 😎