I lost my best friend today

So sorry. I will shed a tear or two on behalf of your boy. I love all dogs, even chihuahuas. My 13 year old border collie used to go on all my hikes though he was never a Hunter. Well he’s always hunting but not in any way that’s useful to me. He still goes along but really slowing down and having trouble keeping up now on long walks. I will soon be in your shoes, and I can hardly bear the thought of it.

One thing that struck me reading this thread is how we can all argue and spat about everything from choice of caliber to politics, but we all feel this man’s pain because most of us have this in common, a profound love for dogs. We have more in common than we have dividing us.

One day the fond memories that now fill you with grief and longing will bring you comfort. Until then… thoughts and prayers.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Guys, thanks for all the kind caring words, they mean a lot to us. He was simply an amazing dog, all of my many GSP's were, but he really was special, maybe in part because he is the last hunting dog I will have. I'm getting a little long in the tooth and like I told my wife, I can't have a dog who will out live me, it would be the wrong thing to do. This one will hurt a very long time. I miss you so much Axl, RIP good buddy.

Man, this hurts to read. I know as well, all too much the pain you're going through. I feel for ya and I'm so sorry to hear. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

this one was the hardest ever and I have done it way too many time. He brought me so much joy both inView attachment 460251 the field and at home. He was put on this earth to satisfy me, ever bird he pointed and retrieved was not for him but for me. This one will hurt for a very long time. RIP Buddy, Me and mom are heart broken. Your best buddy, Dad.
Dang man. I'm real sorry to hear that. Was this related to the issue he was having a few weeks back?

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Dang man. I'm real sorry to hear that. Was this related to the issue he was having a few weeks back?
I don't know maybe. He had been a little off recently but, we thought it was because of the new joint meds he was on. My daughter, who is a pet tech. said it was normal for his stomach to be a little upset for a while with the new meds. Tuesday and Wednesday he was back to his normal self until about 2 pm wed. afternoon, he went down hill real fast after that.

I had nearly the exact same feelings recounting my first dog's life: that when he died, he achieved his ultimate destiny of having lived a life in complete devotion to me and my family.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Jbehredt

WKR
So sorry for your loss:( Prayed for your family’s comfort and peace this morning and gave my Molly some extra nuzzles. That’s how I figure you say I love you to a deaf 14 yr old pit bull.

KHNC

WKR
sorry for your loss. We have a 15 month old GSP as well. Great dogs. Very loving and willing to please. First one we have had. Go get you another soon! Puppies have a way of fixing things.

4ckb

FNG
I'm very sorry for your loss. I've been in your shoes a few times and it never gets any easier. I have a few tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this remembering all the good times I had with my dogs. I hope you can find solace remembering the good times you had with yours.

I don't know maybe. He had been a little off recently but, we thought it was because of the new joint meds he was on. My daughter, who is a pet tech. said it was normal for his stomach to be a little upset for a while with the new meds. Tuesday and Wednesday he was back to his normal self until about 2 pm wed. afternoon, he went down hill real fast after that.
Damn man. I was hoping he was better cuz I hadn't seen that thread in awhile. Anyway you slice it sucks there's no way you can ever be ready for this when it happens.

It hurts every time, and makes us cry like kids when they go, but our lives are so much better when a dog is a part of it, hunting dogs especially.

Someday, somewhere else, you two will be together again in the field. Until then, enjoy the lifetime of wonderful memories.

Sorry for your loss.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
this one was the hardest ever and I have done it way too many time. He brought me so much joy both inView attachment 460251 the field and at home. He was put on this earth to satisfy me, ever bird he pointed and retrieved was not for him but for me. This one will hurt for a very long time. RIP Buddy, Me and mom are heart broken. Your best buddy, Dad.
My condolences Sorry for your loss. I bet he was a fantastic dog. Thank you for sharing and for having the courage to get on here and share some of your grief. I think we all know what that is like. Your next pup will be a new chapter.

Condolences to you and your family!

I have been trying to mentally prepare for the time I have to put my fur baby down which isn’t too far off. One of the hardest things in life 😢