I have a boot problem . . .

No.15

FNG
I have been ISO the best boot for me lately. I have made it a mission to find a boot that fits my foot once and for all.

What I do know right now is its not keen, oboz or crispi. Meindl, scarpa, zamberland and hanwag on deck :) (hanwag not pictured)

20231021_151336.jpg

packer58

WKR
Not sure what ISO stands for, but DAYUM ........you've got a lot of doe tied up in boots right there ......

OP
No.15

No.15

FNG
Not sure what ISO stands for, but DAYUM ........you've got a lot of doe tied up in boots right there ......
ISO = in search of
Yeah I am spending so $$ for sure but I am tired of having foot issues. I have weird feet and have always had issues. Seriously if I can't find something I might go custom.

Keep searching then buy every copy available when you find the match.
I found some Redwing "dress shoes" that fit perfectly and have been through about 10 copies over the years. They haven't made them for several years and my stock is running low.
Boots for me are a lost cause. I swap between different "not good enoughs" daily.

OP
No.15

No.15

FNG
Sounds like you need at a minimum custom insoles. Like Sheep feet. A full custom boot seems like the best option🤷🏽‍♂️
I have sheep feet. They are good but honestly I like the sole moldable ones just as much.
With the amount you have tied up already, you would be money ahead just going custom.
Some of them will be sold, one pair returned and 2 are going to the homeless shelter.

Granted, I will still have more in them than I should but meh. I am really liking the scarpa for hiking and the zamberland will be heavy backpack boots. I want to like the meindl but if I wear them off trail the destroy my heels.

I should have went custom but I didn't think I would have to go this far down the rabbit hole. I kinda got caught up in it before I realized I was overspending this much.

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
What size are you? You might be able to trade ones that don’t work to test out others.

OP
No.15

No.15

FNG
after all them boots, I’m pretty sure you will not be happy with anything.
LoL you might be right. I think I am expecting slippers 😅. Although I have had boots in the past that have worked for long hikes with no issues. (Way in my past)

Like I said above the scarpa are keepers, especially after changing the insoles.

The zamberland I purchased awhile back. I like them but they are to stiff unless I have a heavy backpack.

The oboz are out because they can't take the abuse. Otherwise I probably could have stuck with them. The rubber on the boot is separated after 6 months.

The keen hurt my big toe bad. They were super cheap and I don't regret trying them.

I wanted to like the crispi but I get a weird pinch in my ankle and overall feel like my foot just ever so slightly slides in them.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
You wont find a better boot than the hoffman's that's where my search would take me I have two pairs currently and have never had a complaint one.

Take a look at Salewa. Zamberlan and Lowa were both hard no’s for me. I have wide feet, and Salewa‘s are pretty narrow, but they’re made for my feet. I have both the Rapace’s and the Alp trainers

What’s the issue you have with your feet? My second and third toe are as long as my big toe so boots with a narrow toe box don’t work for me. I went with a pair of Meindl comfort series since they make them with a much wider toe box. Found out that I don’t need a wider toe box and went with a 1/2 size larger in a regular width. My feet slid around too much in the wide ones and after 3 days of hunting I was starting to get blisters. Didn’t matter how I laced the boots or how tight I had my heel locked in. I had someone meet my wife at the halfway point from home and she brought my old boots of 16 years for me to use the rest of the hunt. Those are Meindl’s as well. I’m looking for new boots as well and will probably go with Meindl again or Hoffman’s.

OP
No.15

No.15

FNG
What size are you
Usually 11.5 or 11 depending on boot.

I, like a lot of people, have different size feet. I seem to fall in between standard us sizes, so 1 boot fits and one doesn't .

Anyway I went 11 on the banks sf extra and they seem to be ok. Going for a 8 mile test hike today.

OP
No.15

No.15

FNG
What’s the issue you have with your feet? My second and third toe are as long as my big toe so boots with a narrow toe box don’t work for me. I went with a pair of Meindl comfort series since they make them with a much wider toe box. Found out that I don’t need a wider toe box and went with a 1/2 size larger in a regular width. My feet slid around too much in the wide ones and after 3 days of hunting I was starting to get blisters. Didn’t matter how I laced the boots or how tight I had my heel locked in. I had someone meet my wife at the halfway point from home and she brought my old boots of 16 years for me to use the rest of the hunt. Those are Meindl’s as well. I’m looking for new boots as well and will probably go with Meindl again or Hoffman’s.
I have a low volume foot and low arches. Narrow heels and wider forefoot. Not duck feet wide but slightly wider than normal.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been ISO the best boot for me lately. I have made it a mission to find a boot that fits my foot once and for all.

What I do know right now is its not keen, oboz or crispi. Meindl, scarpa, zamberland and hanwag on deck :) (hanwag not pictured)

Try a pair of our Beartooth boots. Most people that do tell us its the most comfortable they've ever worn. They're also 40% off currently.