I need a boot with a square or less pointed toe box.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for boot reccomendations for my weird feet. Mostly my weird toes. I need a boot with a square or less tapered toe box because my 2nd and 3rd toes are actually a little longer than my big toe. The result is I end up with big sloppy boots trying to get room for those toes. Prefer an 8-10" boot.

-Keen toe boxes are great. Keen boots themselves suck and absolutely kill my feet.

-i have a Cabelas/Meindl pair of boots thay actually fit well. They are just very soft and delicate leather ans the soles suck.

-Just got a pair of Crispi Nevada. Thought I loved them but they are too sloppy on me. I believe I need a 9-9.5 boot usually. The 10 My 3rd toe was hitting the end walking flat ground. The 10.5 I feel like I am drowning in walking up or down hill.

Not much for local stores selling a variety so trying to find a brand then the nearest dealer.

GerGa

FNG
I have a have a similar problem with shoes, need a more squared off wide toe box.
You might want to try Hanwag boots that have their "SF Extra" last. They are made to be wide in the forefoot and toe box but maybe more for the big toe..
I have the Banks SF Extra which has worked ok but is a lighter hiker.
You should look at the Ancash II, it's on the same last but much stiffer & taller.

wyosteve

WKR
I don't have the newer style Salomon 4D's, but the older style doesn't have much of a pointed toe.

BBob

WKR
Someone posted up a boot in the minimalist boot thread that might be worth looking at. At first glance it looks like a traditional boot but has a wide minimalist Vivo style toebox. I just took a quick glance at them so not sure if they'd fit the bill or not. @jeedo

Bergkomfort Wanderstiefels

NickT406

FNG
I have a pair of lowa baffin pros that have a more square toe box. They were a little sloppy until I put super feet trailblazer insoles. Very comfy boots. The lowa Tibets appear to be the same shape but are waterproof

nphunter

WKR
It sounds to me like you need a narrower boot, not a flatter fronted boot. Find a narrow-fitting boot and buy it a couple of sizes too big, if you need less volume add insoles. Crispi's run wide, and a lot of the European boots will run on a smaller last, Scarpa, Zamberland and Kenetrek tend to run narrow in most models. Scarpa has a great website that talks about which last they use in which boot.

nobody

WKR
I have a pair of these showing up tomorrow, have heard good things:

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of lowa baffin pros that have a more square toe box. They were a little sloppy until I put super feet trailblazer insoles. Very comfy boots. The lowa Tibets appear to be the same shape but are waterproof
Thanks I'll have to track down an Iowa dealer to try some on.

Just got some super feet trail blazers but not sure they are going to make the crispis work. I think the boots are just too big.

People joke cut the ends of my toes off but I have questioned if I need all the toes or if a doctor can take one or two.. 🤣

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
It sounds to me like you need a narrower boot, not a flatter fronted boot. Find a narrow-fitting boot and buy it a couple of sizes too big, if you need less volume add insoles. Crispi's run wide, and a lot of the European boots will run on a smaller last, Scarpa, Zamberland and Kenetrek tend to run narrow in most models. Scarpa has a great website that talks about which last they use in which boot.
Obligatory toe pics. Toe 3 on both feet, left foot mostly hits the ends of shoes. I have to up size my shoes to give that toe room which ends up with shoes being very large/long on me. I can't go too narrow on a shoe because then it leads to other fitment issues further back.

These crispis at 10.5 are just top long/big. I just added the super feet trail blazer and now I have extreme heel slip. If I lace them up to prevent slip I get hellacious pressure from the laces ontop of the foot.

Also shown is a pair of Cabelas/meindl boots that I really enjoy they have a more rounded off toebox and I can wear them in a 9-9.5.

Attachments

• 20230610_151101.jpg
    20230610_151101.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230610_151346.jpg
    20230610_151346.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230610_151850.jpg
    20230610_151850.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 15
Oh my heck! You have my exact feet! 😂 I have had the exact same problem. Boot toe boxes are way too narrow. Have to buy boots a whole size to size and half larger which makes me feel like I’m clomping around. Don’t even get me started on regular tennis shoes or cross trainers. I wear Keens for a daily shoe or Oboz. I have found that I much prefer Meindl’s over any boot out there.

My poor youngest daughter has my feet as well. I feel so bad for her and being a girl I can’t even imagine the problems she is going to have with shoes.

You make the appointment for the surgeon and I’ll meet you there. 🤣

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Oh my heck! You have my exact feet! 😂 I have had the exact same problem. Boot toe boxes are way too narrow. Have to buy boots a whole size to size and half larger which makes me feel like I’m clomping around. Don’t even get me started on regular tennis shoes or cross trainers. I wear Keens for a daily shoe or Oboz. I have found that I much prefer Meindl’s over any boot out there.

My poor youngest daughter has my feet as well. I feel so bad for her and being a girl I can’t even imagine the problems she is going to have with shoes.

You make the appointment for the surgeon and I’ll meet you there. 🤣
Perhaps we can get a group discount!

I wish these Meindl/Cabelas boots were more durable. I get a season or two out of them and they are shot. Doesnt help that I am a toe dragger and kick everything I see lol Ive tried keens and their toe box is fatastic for me, but their shoes really hurt my feet, I may have to give them a try and try them with these superfeet trail blazers.

GerGa

FNG
Have you looked at the Meindl boots from Meindl USA? The comfort fit are said to have decent toe room. See if they look different than your Cabela's versions..