Hunting near US/Mexico border

Beendare

WKR
You know, it's almost like some opining here have never had to professionally deal with violence and the nature of transnational organized crime, or watch the evolution of cartels training their raw recruits with the brainwashing of literally eating the flesh of their colleagues who couldn't make it through training - sometimes raw, sometimes boiled alive. The easy day is when they just have to beat their friend to death with a pipe because they went into town without permission. That's not sicario-level training anymore, that's basic, entry-level stuff.

You think this is all some sort of game? That they're reasonable people?

It's one thing to hunt down there on the border, armed, and cautious to avoid trouble. That's calculated, conscious risk. It's another thing to go bicycling. At present, the cartels enforce their own not to screw with the gringos - but that is an exceedingly thin veneer. It's called false normalcy, and it's just a matter of time before it gets shattered accidentally or through machismo calculation. At any single point that veneer can get shattered, by one of those armed psychopathic 17yos chasing a runaway mule and run right into you in the process, who will smoke your ass as fast as the 15yo girl they're chasing. Or they decide they can get away with carjacking you right out of your $80k truck, or waiting for you to conveniently come back from a hunt with your keys. Or you get caught in gang calculation and get slaughtered as part of a false flag, one cartel trying to get another cartel wasted by the USG by having your death attributed to them.

Every one of these examples I've given has happened dozens of times south of the border - anyone thinking it absolutely will not happen here is whistling past the graveyard. It is ungoverned space, and needs to be taken goddamned seriously.

Thanks for posting.....maybe the "No big deal" crowd needed that wake up call

jayhawk

WKR
I hunt near the border in San Diego County CA. Here we get a lot of military age male Chinese and African illegals. Most just want to get to a highway where they have an arranged pick-up on Tick Tok and won’t mess with you. Carry a handgun. Take a buddy. Never help the illegals. Have BP and Fish & Wildlife numbers programmed in your phone to report them. Be cautious and avoid the known smuggling routes.
I know a lot of immigrants and I was surprised to hear them talk with disdain about how all the border towns have basically been turned into Chinatown. Its not Mexicans anymore. It’s mainly East Asians and middle/South Americans now.

Weldor

WKR
I know a lot of immigrants and I was surprised to hear them talk with disdain about how all the border towns have basically been turned into Chinatown. Its not Mexicans anymore. It’s mainly East Asians and middle/South Americans now.
We've been seeing alot of Somalis too.