How would you handle this??

If you listed something here for $20 but left off a zero from the actual price you wanted for it ($200) shipping was $30...and someone quoted your post and added I will take it....would you stand behind your mistake?

Is it a WKR or someone who spammed 10 posts to get a great deal?

I think I have the right to sell to only WKR, right?
Put that in the title next time.

CorbLand

WKR
Completely understood. I do try to spread my purchases around to various brands/stores and never would have ever thought that this company would have responded as such with their service. Again, I’m giving them a chance to make it right and hopefully they do.
Do you try and spread these purchases around based on price? Just curious because in my experience customer loyalty only goes as far as the price tag. Why would you spread your purchases out?

When I got insurance on my pickup I called an agent my family has used for years. I told him what I had and wanted a quote. He gave me the quote and asked if that was comparable to others I have looked at? I responded with are you ******* me? He responded with what? I said are you ******* me on price? And he said, no. I said you have been good to my family, why would I look somewhere else? Don’t **** me and the only time you will hear from me is when I need something. Done deal, haven’t talked to the dude in 8 years but he still gets his cut.

I hope they do make it right and I don’t agree with what they did but seriously, reward companies that provide top notch service. It comes with a price tag.

weaver

WKR
Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
So the actual sale price was somewhere between $79 and the $39.50 you planned on paying...depending on quantity and other factors I can see both sides. IMO a blanket statement of it being plain and simply wrong is wrong itself.

Also, it is Monday...this happened Friday not sure when the owner of the company or any individual is at the beckon call of 1 individual customer. BUT, maybe he is out for a week or has a stacked schedule for a day or two.

Oh man the times I have heard "you are a big company, $100 ($500, $1000, name the amount) won't hurt you...all I buy is your product and I'll tell all my buddies in my club how you screwed me and no one will buy your product again" "I am a loyal customer to you" Just to get product back from the customer in a competitors package and find out they bought it on sale at a going out of business event and also used a factory rebate.

Yeah $100 won't hurt 1 time but 500 times, 100 times they add up. Even more so when it is 100% not the fault of the company (not saying this is the case in this incident).

I have found out and basically knew it before my current line of work that customer loyalty 99% of the time comes with the understanding that the company takes it in the shorts no matter who's issue it really is and the customer gets what THEY DEMAND...hahaha customer loyalty
If you have to tell me how loyal you are, you aren’t that loyal.

Mistakes happen and how its handled makes the difference. Good customer service brings a customer back and I'm sure I will spend enough on my next order to cover any potential loss they may have had.
Then why weren’t you shopping at the last place that you got good customer service from and
I am sorry if this comes off rude but if you love Black Ovis because their customer service is so good, you buy from them regardless of their prices. That is how you repay them for their good customer service. You say that good customer service retains customer but you didn't just order from the company that provides it? Then good customer service doesn't retain customers.

If you want to stick it to companies that provide shitty customer service, you buy from their competitor regardless. Don't ask the competitor to match their price or provide the same service. You look at the shitty customer service company and say "**** you, I will not buy from you regardless of what you do."
Preach! I wish I could like this more than once.

CorbLand

WKR
“The company has the right to cancel your order at any time and refund you.” @CorbLand is that in the TOS or somewhere in the Checkout process? Seems it would have to be agreed to, otherwise I don’t know how it wouldn’t go against basic contract principles. Advertising, offer at advertised price, acceptance, payment by buyer. Seller is in breach for failing to deliver at that point. What has a buyer agreed to that gives seller a Mulligan?
It’s pretty clear on these websites that they reserve the right to correct errors. You also agree to their TOS by just using there website, which I would bet 20 bucks has a cancellation clause in there.

Attachments

• EA7029A2-83B2-469C-92A8-8420BCF709A5.png
    EA7029A2-83B2-469C-92A8-8420BCF709A5.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 26A51B84-30A2-40BB-9C62-26C3AEE07D3D.png
    26A51B84-30A2-40BB-9C62-26C3AEE07D3D.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 40

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
So the actual sale price was somewhere between $79 and the $39.50 you planned on paying...depending on quantity and other factors I can see both sides. IMO a blanket statement of it being plain and simply wrong is wrong itself.

Also, it is Monday...this happened Friday not sure when the owner of the company or any individual is at the beckon call of 1 individual customer. BUT, maybe he is out for a week or has a stacked schedule for a day or two.

Oh man the times I have heard "you are a big company, $100 ($500, $1000, name the amount) won't hurt you...all I buy is your product and I'll tell all my buddies in my club how you screwed me and no one will buy your product again" "I am a loyal customer to you" Just to get product back from the customer in a competitors package and find out they bought it on sale at a going out of business event and also used a factory rebate.

Yeah $100 won't hurt 1 time but 500 times, 100 times they add up. Even more so when it is 100% not the fault of the company (not saying this is the case in this incident).

I have found out and basically knew it before my current line of work that customer loyalty 99% of the time comes with the understanding that the company takes it in the shorts no matter who's issue it really is and the customer gets what THEY DEMAND...hahaha customer loyalty
Some businesses are so inundated with this manipulation their frontline managers are often granted discretion to decline honoring suspect demands. The group I traveled with recently included an individual with the habit of constantly attempting to game customer service at every opportunity. It was uncomfortable and not always successful. But often enough apparently.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Losing a future customer over $80 total is stupid, especially when it was your mistake, I don't care what industry or how big you are. Even worse if it's a smaller company needing customers to make ends meet.
What if they sold a thousand of those jackets? You gonna eat $40k? My favorite thing is when guys start threads complaining about a company before they've gone through the full resolution process. Good times.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Jstumbaugh
What if they sold a thousand of those jackets? You gonna eat $40k? My favorite thing is when guys start threads complaining about a company before they've gone through the full resolution process. Good times.

Sale was limited to quantity on hand and the site showed current inventory available. So why is the proper procedure for waiting for a resolution then? Never had this happen before. I sent the emails. Still haven’t heard a word.

Squincher

WKR
I suspect you got all the resolution you're going to get when they cancelled your order and said you could re-order if you still wanted it.

Reactions: 307
Of course the correct answer is for the company to notify you of their mistake and offer to stand by it and for you to decline their offer and to then decide whether or not to order from them again. In a perfect world……

LandYacht

WKR
I would have thought that the deal wasn’t as good as it had been and went about my day. Either choosing to purchase at the new price, or continue shopping for a different deal.

I hate replying after 3 pages, but this is just one of those things where if they honor the price I'm super happy and if not I'm not gonna push. People and programs make mistakes, IMO it's kinda crummy to push some company to honor a price error. Having said that, if they do I'll be impressed and remember them in the future.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Cabelas did this a few years back. Some stuff was pennies on the dollar. They cancelled all orders. Haha

68Plexi

WKR
Cabelas did this a few years back. Some stuff was pennies on the dollar. They cancelled all orders. Haha

I had the opposite experience at cabelas once. $30 pair of Sitka gloves I had been looking for had the wrong Sitka glove tag on them list at $80. I mean they were not just the wrong price tag, but the wrong tag all together.

I had to show the customer service the Sitka website pictures and price because they didn’t believe me. Ended up selling them to me for the sale price the Sitka website was offering at the time at 20% off I believe.

They told me people will take tags off of cheap items and switch them to expensive ones which is probably why the $80 tag made it to a $30 pair of gloves.

cjdewese

WKR

Yeah you do if it's your mistake...

In our industry we have eaten mistakes that cost us over 100K. We retained those customers and have since made Millions off of them over the course of the next few years.

You don't have to eat it all either, just offer some sort of resolution that would make your customer feel like they care. Give it to them for the original sale price and offer a gift card or something.

The effort goes a long way, just cancelling, moving on and no further communication is not a great solution no matter what industry or who you are.