How to get over missing the big one?

Good luck.....

I missed a deer when I was 17 years old with my bow. Got a bit of white hair off of him but that was it.

I think about that deer at least 4 times a day and that was almost 25 years ago. I still have not seen a buck in the wild that big while I was hunting, and I have done a $hit load of hunting since then.

wyogoat

WKR
I missed a solid 300ish bull the first year I moved to Wyoming over 20 years ago and I still think about it with that pit in my stomach a few times a year.
30 yards bugling and sent that arrow right over his back.
You’ll crush him when you get the next chance on him.

I think about that deer at least 4 times a day and that was almost 25 years ago

images

Nockemdwn

FNG
Yeah … I know that feeling about 10 years ago during gun season.

I actually had 2 shots at the same buck but I miss judged the distance in a wide open LONG cut down corn field.

aron

WKR
Read the Aram thread and remember it could of been worse and have the deer stolen from ya.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
As the sun got lower on the final day of the season - only two hours of legal light left, I smoked a decent buck, only to have a real wall hanger step out of a gully to see what was going on. That antelope was probably the largest one I had put eyes on in 10 years of hunting up to that point. That taught me to hunt hard until the very end of the last day and never shoot a small buck if you really want a big one. It still makes my gut hurt telling the story. Lol

With archery you need to have a short term memory, eventually something will go wrong and its horrible feeling. A miss is way better than a bad hit though! Use it to get better! What went wrong and practice how to not let it happen again.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
He isn't wounded and dying somewhere else.
Dont be a baby.
Get back out there and smoke him.