How much caffeine per day for you?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve struggled with high blood pressure for years. I can keep it in normal range if I eat clean, low sodium, and work out daily. If I have more than a cup of tea in the morning my BP starts becoming elevated. I still have the addiction so decaf really helps.
You guys pounding the caffeine in high quantities, does it not elevate your BP? I know it affects people differently, and perhaps I’m just caffeine sensitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
In my early 20's I would probably drink a gallon of Mtn Dew a day.. by my 30's I was down to two 20oz bottles, by my 40's I would have one bottle first thing in the morning. I suffered from chronic insomnia, I would fall dead asleep at 9-10 only to wake up wide awake with my mind racing at 1-2 in the morning not being able to get back to sleep again until just before my alarm clock went off.

Five years ago I went cold turkey on caffeine of any kind and my insomnia disappeared overnight.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Probably 30 oz of dark coffee per day.

I don't ever feel like I need it, but I enjoy a hot cup in the morning or while driving between job sites mid morning.
Same way I feel. I’m fine if I don’t have coffee but definitely enjoy it.

Tradchef

WKR
I just drink tea. So 2 to 3 cups of black tea in the AM or 2 cups Yerba matte and usually one cup of green tea at night. No energy drinks or anything besides water for me

I don’t know. As often as not, no caffeine. The other half of the time it Depends on the weather.

However much caffeine is in 16 ounces of black tea, steeped with two tea bags for 5 minutes, a good squeeze of half a lemon, and a a tablespoon of maple syrup.

It’s a great winter drink.

Warmer weather, however much is in a 16 ounce glass of Lipton iced tea. 96 ounces of tea brewed in a drip Mr coffee pot, poured in a gallon jug and filled to the top with plain water to complete the gallon, and a cup of sugar.

It varies widely for me, I work 12.5 hour, 7 on/7 off shifts that rotate between days/nights every other week and a pile of OT thrown in.

Work days in the summer: 1-2 pots on day shift, 2 for sure on nights

Days off in the summer: 2-3 cups

Work days in the winter: 3-4 pots on day shift, up to 6 pots on nights

Days off in the winter: 1 pot

jimh406

WKR
Usually 1 espresso shot. More habit/taste than anything else. I don't think there is enough caffeine that it makes a difference for me.

I drink way too many white and green monster energy drinks. Lol no coffee or tea. I drink too much Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke as well.

4-6 cups (2-3 mugs) of coffee in the morning.

Maybe a monster or bing drink during the day.

Good potential for a scoop of pre-work out in the evening.

Maybe too much?