How many TAG bone out bags for a bighorn?

Elite

WKR
Packing for a sheep hunt and wondering how many TAG bags everyone brings? The kit comes with 5 and that seems excessive for boned out meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobBob

FNG
I used caribou game bags. But 1 for the cape and then 2 for the meat. Might have been able to stuff it in one but I like to keep front and hind quarter meat sperated.

I used TAGs BOMB on my Cali Ram last year. Deboned meat all fit in two of the large bags and I put the cape in a third. I carried 4 and did not use one. I was solo.
So you really only need two but if you have multiple people with you I would consider taking at least one per person so everyone can enjoy the fun.

I love the TAGs. I have packed 4 elk, two mule deer and a sheep with the same set over the last few years and still holding up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColeyG

WKR
I take 3 TAG BOMB bags for Dall sheep. I divide the boned out meat evenly between two, and then use the third to hold both of those when they are on my pack frame for ease of carrying.

Some take a small bag for the head, I usually don't. Haven't found myself wanting to carry a hide out and probably never will.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I say three, too. Two for the meat and one for the cape. At least, that is what we used for my sheep.

Took 3 caribou Carnivore 3 bags.
2 for boned out stone sheep, one for cape
Brought a meat scrap bag and stuck the skull in it just to keep the flies off it

Onys

FNG
I usually bring about 3 TAG bone-out bags for a bighorn. Five seems a bit much unless you’re expecting a really heavy load. Better to have a few extras just in case, but 3 should be enough for most hunts.