How many rounds do you carry?

dazz397

FNG
My first time hunting was this year and I went with a full box of 20 for my rifle(4 in the rifle, 16 in the bag) and 8 rounds for my pistol haha. Learned my lesson the hard way. Second time I only brought the rifle with 4 rounds.

10. 4 in the gun, 6 extra in the pack. Day hunts or extended trips, same number.

I also keep at least 20 in the truck.

EJMK

FNG
I keep 12 on me, 4 in the gun and 4 in each cargo pocket. Depending on what I’m doing I will have a few more in my pack and at least a box in the truck. If I’m backpacking in a few days I feel 12 is adequate I case of a mishap and needing to confirm zero.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
3 to 5 in my gun depending on gun. Then 5 or so rounds in my bino harness and 5 or so in either side pocket of my pack and usually 1 or 2 stashed back at camp in case I lose my pack (don't ask) it seems ridiculous but I never leave without 15-25 rounds. I've also killed multiple animals on a single trip and know that shit can get Western. I always have enough ammo to finish the job!

Ramblin99

WKR
8-10 depending on caliber. All my rifles wear Blackhawk buttstock shell holders. 4 in the rifle and 4-6 in the holder. No more shells in the pockets for me. Everything I need is in or on the rifle.

Squamch

WKR
4+1 or 3+1, depending on the rifle. 4 more in the loops on the sling. 5 more in my bino harness.
And at the start of every season, I dump a box of .22 shells into a ziplock to keep in my pack hip belt pocket for the chiappa badger in case of grouse or bunnies.

I like a good 100 rds. Just seems easier to grab my whole case of reloads. Never know when shit will hit the fan.

OOOHRAH

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
Some of you have never experienced a nothern minnesota deer drive....and it really shows

Smid

WKR
I'm still debating if I am going to pack my G20. My wife will be up North at my grandma's and plans to do some hunting herself while she is there, and there has been a fair show of grizzlies in the area so I would almost rather she had it for herself

Sounds like a great reason to buy another one lol

NBChance

FNG
Full magazine and roughly another 10. This is probably overkill, but it's my OCD tendency to want to cover all things that could possibly go wrong. I've never taken more than 2 shots and I've killed a lot of big game animals. Only take shots you know you can make.

rbrent

FNG
A full mag plus 10 in an ammo pouch. It works out to 13-15 depending on caliber.

JC Steel

FNG
I like about 10 for a backcountry type situation. Any less and I safer to get the feeling I am underprepared.