How many rounds do you carry?

I'm still debating if I am going to pack my G20. My wife will be up North at my grandma's and plans to do some hunting herself while she is there, and there has been a fair show of grizzlies in the area so I would almost rather she had it for herself. Otherwise I'll probably wind up packing my little AMT Backup .45.

Sounds like a reason to buy another G20. Lol

rbljack

WKR
so for a backpack hunt, I put 4 in the gun, not 5. That way I can keep one out of the barrel while hiking around, or back at camp. Then, I carry between 5 and 10 more in the pack for multi Day hunts.

Whatever the count is, I split them up in my gear. Maybe two in a chest pocket a couple in my bino harness. A full reload for the rifle in my pack. That way no matter what, I will have an extra round or to on me somewhere if I need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
4 in the rifle (3+1), 5 rd magazine in the bino harness. If I’m going deeper or multi day, or if conditions increase risk of a slip/fall/drop etc, I’ll throw a second 5rd in my pack somewhere in case I feel the need to recheck zero. There is usually a folded paper target in the ziplock with my tags. If I need to recheck, I want to REALLY check, not just break a rock and say good enough. I’ve never had to adjust after a quick check (single round), but a couple decades ago I gut shot and lost a cow on a chip shot after a minor horse wreck, after the fact learned it was WAY off. Can’t continue to hunt if there any question in my mind now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full magazine in the rifle. Another full mags worth just because. 8 rounds in the revolver, 8 more in the pack. And depending on the time of year, ill carry a few snake loads for the sidearm.

Wapiti1

WKR
3 in rifle, 8 in buttstock carrier, 9 in pack. Between 6 and 13 in sidearm if one goes along (rare).

Jeremy

S.Clancy

WKR
8 rds. However, my normally yunting partner (bro) and I shoot the same caliber. He also brings 8 rds. So if need be to resight in a gun takes 6 shots, we reshuffle and still have 5 a piece. So thats in our back pocket

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
For me its almost always 5. I rarely carry a sidearm, but that would add 6 more. I've never fired more than 3 shots on a hunt. I'd rather use the weight to bring an extra sandwich..

bobinmi

WKR
20. 1 full magazine and a second magazine on me somewhere. Some habits die hard. I've never fired more than 3 rounds on a big game hunt.