How Many of You?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How many of you are paying attention to your legislative sessions in your individual states in regard to wildlife management? How many of your are paying attention to the bills being passed in the states where you have preference points?

I have written 5 letters to Wyoming state legislators already to voice my opinion on bills that are being pushed. How many of you are involved?

OP
ScottR_EHJ

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Also, I don't want this to turn into an argument about what bills are good or bad, or political opinion. I want to know whether we as hunters are making our voices known as individuals. I don't believe that it is best for just the conservation orgs that I send cash to voice opinions for me.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I check daily and respond accordingly as needed. So far Idaho seems to be more worried about cursive in schools but I'm sure something will come up.

JPD350

WKR
I am the treasurer for the United Bowhunters of New Mexico, we are a nonprofit but are able to function politically. We are constantly watching the bills that are being introduced, I actually just went to Santa Fe this morning to speak out on a bill that is being introduced, this bill would give the director of the NM G&F unchecked power to manipulate rules and issue certain unspecified big game tags, we can not let one person have that type of power, when it comes to a states natural resources there has to be checks and balances to keep corruption out of the equation. The premise of the bill does have merit and is a worthy cause but here in NM the corruption is always a possibility, we are wanting them to inject some boundaries and specific's into the bill.

We also have a poaching bill being introduced, it makes poaching a felony instead of a misdemeanor!

I am blown away at how many people bitch and complain but do or fund nothing.