How many extra clothes for 8 days?

Most of my back packing experience is 4 days or less. I always carry one full change of clothes plus socks and boxers for every day. My issue is Im going on an 8 day hunt in August 200 miles north of the arctic circle and can't decide what to take for clothes. Here's what I'm coming up with. One base layer either wearing it on the hike in or in my pack. Rain gear and one shirt/pants/sweatshirt change and a change of socks and boxers for each day. My main concern is being able to get my insulating layers dry if they get wet. Just looking for some input from guys with experience in the tundra. I realize it will be August but it sounds like it can still get pretty severe up there.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I always take in more socks than most and recommend having 2 extra pair. I take in 2 pair of icebreaker merino and 1 pair of heavier Smartwool socks for sleeping and colder weather. A lot of people only bring 1 extra pair or no extras, but it starts/ends with happy feet. Not to mention, there is nothing I hate more than climbing out of my sleeping bag and stretching cold/wet socks over my feet in the morning.

I only bring one extra pair of undies.

JoshTX

WKR
X1000000

There are places where I'll shave the ounces. Extra socks aint one of them. I'll take 3-4 pairs for an 8-10 day trip.

I will only take 1 t shirt and maybe 1-2 pairs of undies. If that don't do it, I'll go commando but fresh socks are an absolute must have for me.

I always take in more socks than most and recommend having 2 extra pair. I take in 2 pair of icebreaker merino and 1 pair of heavier Smartwool socks for sleeping and colder weather. A lot of people only bring 1 extra pair or no extras, but it starts/ends with happy feet. Not to mention, there is nothing I hate more than climbing out of my sleeping bag and stretching cold/wet socks over my feet in the morning.

I only bring one extra pair of undies.

OP
R
X1000000

There are places where I'll shave the ounces. Extra socks aint one of them. I'll take 3-4 pairs for an 8-10 day trip.

I will only take 1 t shirt and maybe 1-2 pairs of undies. If that don't do it, I'll go commando but fresh socks are an absolute must have for me.

That's what I'm thinking.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are you flying in? That might dictate how much of anything you get to pack

Bighorse

WKR
Two pairs of socks. One to hike in with. You should be stopping to glass. Air them out. Elevate your feet. If you are in wet nasty conditions. Your gonna have tent time. Wear them and get them serviceable. Those that whine about little things like cold socks and wet crotch don't haul into the Brooks and kill Rams DIY. My first ram was done off the haul road. Don't carry too much! Get some sport lube for thighs and other spots as needed. Don't carry the whole thing. Of course trust your boot sock combo 100% before disembarking.

OP
R
Two pairs of socks. One to hike in with. You should be stopping to glass. Air them out. Elevate your feet. If you are in wet nasty conditions. Your gonna have tent time. Wear them and get them serviceable. Those that whine about little things like cold socks and wet crotch don't haul into the Brooks and kill Rams DIY. My first ram was done off the haul road. Don't carry too much! Get some sport lube for thighs and other spots as needed. Don't carry the whole thing. Of course trust your boot sock combo 100% before disembarking.

We're gonna be north of the brooks caribou hunting. Since you've been up there what do you recommend boot wise? I've been told everything from regular gore tex boots to rubber boots to waders. I'm taking my entire arsenal of boots and make my decision when I get there I guess.

Nothing is good in the Tundra north of the Brooks...But I'd wear plastic boots and Wiggy Wader's inside the shells to get off the road if it was a wet year. Go light and don't rush it in the really bumpy tussocks. Those things will twist an ankle or worse, especially if you're coming out heavy with a big load.