How many arrows do you bring?

I’ll bring a full dozen arrows extra and leave in the truck. Using an arrow tube, and stored in the bow case at all times, is a convenient way for me to always have more than needed. On an elk hunt, I once slipped crossing a tiny creek and cracked three out of five arrows in my quiver. I’ve also foolishly lost an arrow or two shooting at grouse. A full dozen at the truck achieves the “1 is none, 2 is 1” mentality for me

This. ^^^^

Although.....I did shoot all 5 of my arrows at a moose back in 2010....He died, and that's all I have to say about that.

I laugh because I have one of those t-shirts as well 🤣

That's why I carry 4 and have 12 more nearby.

wyosam

WKR
Haven’t decided yet. First hunt with a bow (aside from a couple turkeys 30 years ago) will be haul road caribou next month. Being that it would take a 15 hour round trip drive back to Fairbanks to get to an archery shop, I think I’ll trend towards “bring too many”. In part because I’ll likely try to take ptarmigan as well, and will hopefully bring 2 caribou home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider
I like to have a dozen at camp.

But usually 10 are the same and then 2 are lighter weight. I have two lighter weight arrows in my quiver farthest from the string that weigh about 100 grains less than the 555grains of my regular arrows.
I practice with both and the lighter weight arrows add exactly 10 yards to every pin I have.
I keep them on hand for if I see coyotes, or need to put another arrow in an animal from distance.

Holy crap, some of yall go overboard! I take 6-7 for a backpack hunt, and make sure one of those isn't in the same quiver in case of fall.

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider
A backpack hunt definitely changes the game for me. A quiver of 5 is all I would take if weight is a priority

wyosam

WKR
Holy crap, some of yall go overboard! I take 6-7 for a backpack hunt, and make sure one of those isn't in the same quiver in case of fall.

Definitely wouldn’t carry many on a backpack hunt. It’s cost vs benefit math. In the truck doesn’t have much of a downside. Every ounce counts when you have to carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luked

WKR
On an out of state hunt ill bring a Doz that are fully rigged with BH already on them ready to go.
I only carry what's in the quiver, so I leave the rest at the truck or camp if they are needed.

6 in the quiver. 6 extra back at camp.

The ones in the quiver are within 2 grains on total weight.

tdoublev

Lil-Rokslider
I’d bring at least two quivers full. If you’re traveling, especially if you’re flying, you should make sure nothing got bumped out of place in transit. You can use one of your quiver arrows to test, but unless you bring a foam target with you, I’d make peace with potentially losing that arrow at whatever you shoot. And you should shoot a broadhead for that test - it’s what you hunt with after all.

I just got back from Alaska on a guided hunt. They had a stack of cardboard to shoot at. I checked my marks when I got there, but lost a broadhead in the process. Basically down one arrow. Then the hunting was pretty rough - bushwhacking through the nastiest stuff. Since I had the option, I checked my marks each morning because that bow was getting banged around on everything. Ended up losing another broadhead. Would have left me at 3/5 in my quiver if that was all I brought. Caught a bad break on a shot I took, only had one angle and it nicked a branch right in front of the bear and went straight into rock. 2/5. That would leave you at the bare minimum needed to hunt if you only brought one quiver full. Conversely, my brother’s quiver fell off twice while bushwhacking, we found it both times, but all the more reason to come with at least 2 quivers worth.

I'd rather have more than not enough - I usually bring 12 out with me (6 in the quiver and the other 6 at camp).

This. I bring my matched dozen. Sometimes I get down to less than 12. Well, usually actually. Once I get down to like 7 or 8 I get a new dozen and start over.

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
Solo, 12. With a group, 18. Had a guy lose his entire quiver before. The extras take up absolutely no extra space in the truck. I'd rather be over prepared. Always have 6 ONLY for hunting, and another 6 to shoot at camp for checking rune, tape with elevation change, and maybe the random grouse