How many apples do you have?

This brings to mind a John Wayne quote. " Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid."

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TVW
I cant stand to eat an apple from the store, I can tolerate a honey crisp, and like Granny Smith. Red delicious might as well eat card board

But apple's right off a tree in the wild I absolutory love!!! what is the difference?

This is actually a good topic for me. I got a bushel of honeycrisps from a local orchard as a Christmas gift and don't know what to do with all of them. Both bottom drawers in my fridge are still packed full and I've been giving as many away as possible

Anyone know if I can vac seal and freeze them for like, apple pie or something in the future? Any other recipes?

I cant stand to eat an apple from the store, I can tolerate a honey crisp, and like Granny Smith. Red delicious might as well eat card board

But apple's right off a tree in the wild I absolutory love!!! what is the difference?
When yer talkin about “wild “ apples that taste good, they’re not actually wild. They’re leftover trees from some homestead or cabin. Good tasting apples are a carefully bred product, usually grown from grafts, and truly wild apples are almost universally bitter. Apples that are allowed to fully ripen on the tree will be tastier than storebought, which are often picked a little shy of ripe. I think they even use some kind of chemical gas bath to ripen them in the store? Or to keep them “fresh.”

This is actually a good topic for me. I got a bushel of honeycrisps from a local orchard as a Christmas gift and don't know what to do with all of them. Both bottom drawers in my fridge are still packed full and I've been giving as many away as possible

Anyone know if I can vac seal and freeze them for like, apple pie or something in the future? Any other recipes?
One of my favorite in field snacks is Lithuanian apple cheese. If you have a ton of extra apples you could easily make a batch and it will hold until hunting season, assuming you don't eat it all before then.

i thought maybe apples had a new meaning i wasnt aware of. like i lost my "apples" in a boating accident. or something.
but i have zero apples currently have to get the wife to rectufy that.

Back