How do you pay for your gear?

I generally buy used or deep discount. I buy optics, bows, guns, and clothing from classifieds here and eBay. Europtic has some good discounts I've used. I've found that most people just want to have to look at or say they have and not usually use so most things bought used are in almost perfect condition.

I've worked outside for most of my adult life so I have a pretty good idea what works for me and I don't have to test as much stuff as others may need to.

Honyock

WKR
Cold hard cash. If I can't pay cash for a want, it doesn't get bought. Most of my gear has been bought on discontinued/clearance sales or from guys that wanted the latest greatest every year or "NWT did not return in time". When the wife complains, I show her the Rokslide Classifieds where someone is selling $2,000 of Sitka gear that they never worn and I tell her it always can be worse.

KBC

WKR
My kid started playing hockey a few years ago. Crazy how much it costs compared to sports I played growing up. Glad he isn't a goalie. It would be even worse.

My day job easily covers whatever I decide to buy. I do try to buy at a discount, and I always use a credit card if possible. It's super easy to save money if you don't need to be trendy with whatever flavor of Kool-Aid is in style that week.
Mine is a goalie. We get a discount on team fees but it doesn’t help much. At 8 years old I added up his gear, a new helmet and the rest was used, it was still $1k in gear hahaha.
Now he’s getting into some senior sized stuff and the price is much higher.
Oh well,
He’s having fun.