How do I get ultralight fill into a shooting bag with a small flap?

Mojave

WKR
I have an Armageddon Bench Rest bag and I filled it full of heavy sand and it was 80 pounds. So that doesn't help me much.

I dumped out $40 worth of playground sand and ordered $80 worth of ultra flight fill.

How do I get it in this thing?

BBob

WKR
Long ago I took a piece of 308 brass and cut the base off of it. I stuffed the biggest funnel that would fit into the case and taped it with electrical tape to the case. You could do something similar with a piece of copper or brass tubing. I'm sure I did what I did because the piece of brass was handy at the moment.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What kind of ultralight fill? If it is the fluffy kind, yuck. You will have to use a dowel and push it through a funnel. It’s a pain to do ultra light fill when the bag is half open.

I have tried all sorts of ways to make filling easier.

You would be better off emptying it and filling it with polypropylene beads to get a medium weight bag. If it is the fluffy stuff on top of sand, you’ll get a weird fill and a little bounce which usually isn’t the desired effect off a bench.

Feel free to PM me your phone if you want to chat. We deal with this stuff all the time.