How did the 6.5 Creedmoor lose steam so quickly?

SBFD63

FNG
The fanboys annoyed the poop out of a lot of people. That didn't help.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

SBFD63

FNG
I honestly can't think of any relevant experience with 6.5 creedmoor fan boys. A bunch of people who think it's a good, balanced, practical choice but not so much for people that are super pumped up about it.
I own one. It's stupid accurate. But locally, new shooters love it and everyone selling them is tired of them. I have multiple friends around the country who ask me about it. They see the same fanboi thing so the have stayed away. Rokslide has a lot of fanboi.

It's a good round for what it is. It's not the end all be all.

I own one. It's stupid accurate. But locally, new shooters love it and everyone selling them is tired of them. I have multiple friends around the country who ask me about it. They see the same fanboi thing so the have stayed away. Rokslide has a lot of fanboi.

can you show me examples of these fanbois on rokslide saying 6.5 creedmoor is the end all be all?

OP
menhaden_man
I'm convinced it’s a regional thing - south Appalachia wants nothing to do with them.

Im going to repost my rifle (one of five 6.5s) and throw a NIB SWFA 6x milquad in the deal. Pretty sure guys are crawling across broken glass for those now. Saw one guy offer $500 on here! I feel like we picked up 3-4 of them for $199 when they used to do the Black Friday deals just a few short years ago.

Grundy53

WKR

I don't think I've ever actually seen a Fanboi simping for 6.5 Creedmoors. I think it's a made up trope by those who want an excuse to hate it for no valid reason.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Out of the 30-40 guys I know that hunt none have any of the new calibers that compair to the creed.
They want a good caliber and easy to get ammo.They dont care about every new caliber trend.

OP
menhaden_man
Do you boys in south Appalachia ever shoot over 100 yards?
It's not going away in the west
Only at our long range targets at the gun club (maybe 105 yards)!

I lived out west about 15 years, hunt out there most every season. The three animals I shot here on USFS last fall were all within 35 yards. Used a single shot 45/70 with 1-4x on it.

Only at our long range targets at the gun club (maybe 105 yards)!

I lived out west about 15 years, hunt out there most every season. The three animals I shot here on USFS last fall were all within 35 yards. Used a single shot 45/70 with 1-4x on it.
I was born and raised here in the west, and while the 6.5 creed isn't the amazing cartridge it's hyped up to be its certainly the best all around choice for our average shots between 200-600 yards.

FWIW the past 2 of 4 seasons I killed all my critters beyond 500 yards, with another 3-5 coyotes at the same distances.
This is why the creed is always going to be a hot seller in the west

Might be true, but for most of us the easy availability of the 6.5cm trumps both of those, since in practice the differences are very small.
It’s been around since 2007 if I recall and have remained popular. It’s just been overshadowed by the latest Hornady flavor of the day.

It was always mediocre at best. My wife’s 6.5x47 runs right with my buddy’s 6.5 CM and bests it in some aspects. It’s well overshadowed by my 260AI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looking forward to getting to the range tomorrow to zero (hopefully) a couple of less expensive 140 grain 6.5 CM rounds through my brand new Tikka Super Varmint. Also just to get more familiar with the gun. Been delayed due to TS Debby.

JGRaider

WKR
Looking forward to getting to the range tomorrow to zero (hopefully) a couple of less expensive 140 grain 6.5 CM rounds through my brand new Tikka Super Varmint. Also just to get more familiar with the gun. Been delayed due to TS Debby.
Cool! That's gonna be a REAL shooter.