How common are B&C qualifying mountain goats?

Recently killed my first goat. A "trophy" billy in my opinion, and a "trophy" to most hunters probably at 6 yrs old scoring 47.25". The billy mine was with was a little bigger but was inaccessible. I saw plenty other billy's that were around the size of mine + or - an inch or two. This has me curious... are B&C qualifying goats fairly common or is it a pretty hard bar to reach no matter where they come from?

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure if anyone could answer that. Depends on the area etc. Some areas may produce a book goat every 10 years and some areas produce multiple in one year.

Regardless of the species a true record book animal is special and not that common.

Congrats on the goat!

OP
D
I’m not sure if anyone could answer that. Depends on the area etc. Some areas may produce a book goat every 10 years and some areas produce multiple in one year.

Regardless of the species a true record book animal is special and not that common.

Congrats on the goat!
Goat is from AK and being a draw tag I would think the likelihood of getting one that is around that mark would be fairly common?

Seems the southeast registration hunts are hit or miss as far as trophy horn size?