How are guys finding ammo?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sorry, not going to read an article to try and interpret your answer. Which way?
I posted this in another thread, I have a cousin who works for Olin Corp that owns Winchester. She was on a conference call with the VP of ammo production for Winchester and asked when they would be caught up. Mid 2022 was the response. 3 months ago it was mid 2021 when they asked. Your buddy is wishful thinking if he thinks it will be anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I posted this in another thread, I have a cousin who works for Olin Corp that owns Winchester. She was on a conference call with the VP of ammo production for Winchester and asked when they would be caught up. Mid 2022 was the response. 3 months ago it was mid 2021 when they asked. Your buddy is wishful thinking if he thinks it will be anytime soon.

And the more guns purchased, the longer it will be. This is just the beginning.

Fatcamp

WKR

Maybe. Come June when the family can't go camping or take that trip to Disneyland because Tactical Tim spent 5k on overpriced toys things might change quickly.

People are bored, in panic mode, and think the D's are going to keep pumping out free cash. I'm done even looking. Have plenty and need to get ready for spearfishing season.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider

Never said anytime soon. Hopefully late 2021, good chance it drags into 2022. A lot depends on ramping up production to multiple shifts, adding machinery, and supplies chains to support.

If there is $$ to be made, amazing how business' can outperform projections.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
At one of my local shops today I overhead another guy at the gun counter complaining to his buddy about lack of ammo, he said yeah I hoard ammo but retards did to stop doing that. Seemed like a mouth breather so I didn't waste my time pointing out his hypocritical statement to him or his buddy.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Never said anytime soon. Hopefully late 2021, good chance it drags into 2022. A lot depends on ramping up production to multiple shifts, adding machinery, and supplies chains to support.

If there is $$ to be made, amazing how business' can outperform projections.
Not much more they can do at this point. They're already running 24/7 and adding new production lines isn't going to happen anytime soon. It would take over a year to make that happen, having to custom order machines, floor space, training people up. They were laying people off during Trump's term, they know these boom times aren't going to last. All I was passing along was information straight from the horse's mouth. If you don't believe it, that's cool, doesn't affect me. I just think it's going to be a long time before everything stabilizes. I've seen more new shooters buying guns now than ever, even without having ammo for their new handgun or rifle. That just keeps pushing the bell curve further and further away.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Short of calling Hornady, is there anyway to find out their production schedule? Trying to find out when they’ll make the next batch of 6.5 CM precision hunter

Short of calling Hornady, is there anyway to find out their production schedule? Trying to find out when they’ll make the next batch of 6.5 CM precision hunter

I feel your pain, but I cannot help reading this as anything but a meme...

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I feel your pain, but I cannot help reading this as anything but a meme...

Short of calling Hornady, is there anyway to find out their production schedule? Trying to find out when they’ll make the next batch of [my special ammo] precision hunter

Rich M

WKR

Short of calling Hornady, is there anyway to find out their production schedule? Trying to find out when they’ll make the next batch of [my special ammo] precision hunter
Get on the horn - 99.9999999% of us know less than you about it.

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck finding ammo guys. I never really did get into the hoarder mindset about things. I know guys putting themselves and their families in financial peril because of a fear they have that they might miss out on something, at some point in time. Kind of sad to watch.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck finding ammo guys. I never really did get into the hoarder mindset about things. I know guys putting themselves and their families in financial peril because of a fear they have that they might miss out on something, at some point in time. Kind of sad to watch.

Yep. It’s the wrong time to be discovering hunting for sure. Can’t even get a box of ammo to go zero a new rifle and haven’t been stockpiling for years

dpat

FNG
Walked in to Field & Stream (Part of Dick's Sporting Goods) yesterday bought two boxes of .40 and two boxes of 22. They probably had over a 100 boxes of 30-06 @ $45 per and about half as much .270 for $40 per and 1,000's of rounds of .458 have no idea why they have so much of that. This was in central Illinois

h2so4

WKR
Hmmmm. UPS policy states no additional fees for "Cartridges, small arms."
After paying shipping he's better off buying local from someone on Armslist or something. Because ammo can't go USPS, you're over a barrel with shipping. I was going to ship 25 rounds of .22-250 ammo to a guy and it was just shy of $18 for a 1.6lb box. Shipped 38lbs of ammo yesterday and it cost $89.

You guys need to check out UPS Simple Rate shipping. Anything under 52lbs ships for a flat rate, dependent upon volume of package. I've been shipping cases of 357 mag for $22. :)

fmyth

WKR
Yep. It’s the wrong time to be discovering hunting for sure. Can’t even get a box of ammo to go zero a new rifle and haven’t been stockpiling for years
What ammo are you looking for? In the last 60 days I've been able to purchase all of the 7mm-08, .300WM and 6.5C ammo I wanted. Yes it has taken a little time searching and setting up alerts on ammoseek.com. Yes I did pay more than I would have a year ago but I did not pay gunbroker or armslist prices. Yesterday I was in my local Walmart and saw 17hmr and Federal Fusion .308 on the shelves.