How are guys finding ammo?

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Talking to a friend of mine who owns a gun store, he thinks that it will be until late this year until production on ammo "may" start to catch up.

He is even have to negotiate hard with his suppliers to get better than AmmoSeek pricing.

Butler247

FNG
At this point you just have to get in line and wait on the morning the shipments come in. Locally the Some stores have told the distributors to start altering shipping days because of the issues with folks fighting over ammo. Wild times

Rob5589

WKR
Sorry, not going to read an article to try and interpret your answer. Which way?
It was an article on record background checks last month. So, what I am saying is, with 4+ million BG checks and who knows how many new shooters, don't expect ammo to be available in any significant quantity for a long time. Hopefully it won't be the case.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
It was an article on record background checks last month. So, what I am saying is, with 4+ million BG checks and who knows how many new shooters, don't expect ammo to be available in any significant quantity for a long time. Hopefully it won't be the case.

Thanks!

I agree with you man, my buddy was trying to be optimistic. he stated he was worried that it would extend into next year.

7 million new gun owners last year alone.

The more fear, the more panic ... hopefully everyone has their needs stocked.

Jcalloway

FNG
Honestly getting lucky as far as stores. I reload anyway, so my local store I frequent makes sure I get the things I need to reload anyway. They have a secret list.

jlh42581

WKR
if anyone has an abundance of .270 they can find in 150 grain that can get them to me for reasonable price that would be MUCH appreciated.

Rook-

FNG
At this point it's almost a self licking ice cream cone. People buying anything on the shelf just to have something. Further drives demand and perceived scarcity.

Let's face it the average "gun guy" is a cheap bastard he'll piss and moan about a dealer raising his cost a few bucks as "price gouging" but will camp out and buy everything at regular price to flip on gunbroker or local sites.

Your up against a hoard of retired guys with nothing to do but camp out for ammo to hoard away or flip to buy more, or some kid that hasn't bathed in weeks trying to get rich reselling.

Your options are; spending a bunch of time and money on gas driving all over trying to beat the hoarders at their game, buying on the secondary market at stupid prices, scrounging online sites and paying a bit more than retail, shooting less/training with a .22 etc.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
If any of you come across some 300 PRC 212 Precision Hunter online, let me know please. I will soon have a brand new rifle, and no way to shoot it if this BS keeps up. A while back I signed up for quite a few "notify me" options and haven't had a hit yet.
I believe my local shop here in michigan had
I’ve been looking for 7mm08 Federal Premium 140 Accubond for months. Nothing locally or on ammoseek, ever. I don’t understand why hunting rounds are this short supply, it’s not like people are ripping through em 30 round mags at a time. Getting frustrating
I think my local shop had acouple boxes, I can take a look for you tomorrow when I go there if you want.

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
What is the deal with lead shot. You can find turkey and waterfowl loads, but near nothing in led loaded shotgun shells.

jlh42581

WKR
What is the deal with lead shot. You can find turkey and waterfowl loads, but near nothing in led loaded shotgun shells.

Majority of lead in this country is shipped to china to be refined, awesome huh. Its ok to put them in danger, just not anyone here. Its like buying oil to refine and shutting off our own pipelines. Its not safe to do it, let someone else do it and pay 5x as much for it. You can save the world by killing our jobs.

z987k

WKR
Majority of lead in this country is shipped to china to be refined, awesome huh. Its ok to put them in danger, just not anyone here. Its like buying oil to refine and shutting off our own pipelines. Its not safe to do it, let someone else do it and pay 5x as much for it. You can save the world by killing our jobs.
I don't think there's any lead refineries left in the US. From what I understand most of the lead used today is recycled, and that ammo is down in the single digit percentages as far as lead use goes.

That said. I'm sure most of that is all done in China, and should there ever be a conflict where on earth are we going to get bullets from?

We do the same with coal. Instead of burn it here as clean as possible we ship it off to China so they can burn it dirty as possible. After all its not like this world in round or anything. We can trash China and it will all be ok.

JS1622

FNG
Just checking certain sites and other small stores. Definitely won’t pay crazy prices for ammo, I will just use a different caliber for the season, the one I have extra ammo for.

Rich M

WKR
Acid rain killed a lot of lakes. Not saving the world, just killing a diff part of it.

They are letting China kill their lakes instead.