Hot Weather - Opening Week of Archery

Hnthrdr

WKR
Not sure why, but where I hunt it produces raghorns and spikes. The big bulls show up sometime after the 10th. We pretty much never have them sneaking in quiet. The big bulls we get on respond to a call and then we go after them.
May be they migrate into the area a little later?

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
It's upper 90's going over 100 where we are in the OR desert, but we've been on a herd of more than 150 with bulls bugling since opening day. No shot for my son yet with so many elk spread out, but we'll stay on them in the heat until I have to leave for my elk hunts in ID, WY, MT this weekend. Best bull in there is only a 300ish bull so hoping a few big guys show up over the next couple days and break them up a bit.

hobbes

WKR
Lowest temp for the first 4 days is 97-98....so Im going antelope hunting
Same plan for my oldest son and I, mule deer or antelope, something we can get to the cooler fast enough to not be concerned with losing meat.

Ripping bugles everywhere just like BRO
Mixing in the hoochie mama b/c no one else has one now that the supply chain is wrecked

Wind at my back, sun in my (painted) face, ready for action
That’s called “picking on the less fortunate bulls” targeting the oppressed, and exploiting the weak… if you humanize the BRO strategy, it’s very racist, and drawing the bow could be considered a hate crime by many circles… walking by all of the bulls who are more fortunate, targeting the slow and oppressed

That’s called “picking on the less fortunate bulls” targeting the oppressed, and exploiting the weak… if you humanize the BRO strategy, it’s very racist, and drawing the bow could be considered a hate crime by many circles… walking by all of the bulls who are more fortunate, targeting the slow and oppressed
We are basically the Jeffery Epstein's of the natural world. We lure them in with sexy calls, then blast them in the heart. At least we don't pretend they killed themselves.

Fatcamp

WKR
My plan is to crawl through rattlesnake infested sagebrush in an attempt to get close enough to a velvet buck to put an arrow where it needs to go.

Gonna be hot, but at least the desert cools off at night. Plus I have two full days of consistent wind direction forecast, and it's a good one. I will take hot with consistent wind over a lot of other options.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
We’ve been sitting tree stands. My son sat in his for 13hrs yesterday and finally just before dark a herd came in to water.

A real nice bull got lucky when my sons arrow hit a tree when he tried to thread the needle lol

Not a sound from any bulls yet.
Way too hot.

Minus a few short breaks I have nearly 3 weeks to hunt Elk, so my early plan is to not f things up till the weather breaks. Probably sleep in a few mornings and scout some new areas during the day. Might have to grab some extra 101 for those night I plan on sleeping in the next morning.

Hoyt Ag

FNG
Just got home. Was on the mtn 24 hrs. No bugle. 90 degrees at 10700 feet. No movement. Will go back in a week once it cools off and they get fired up