Honest Franchi Affinity Feedback

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been shooting a stoeger m3500 for many years. Mainly skeet and dove. I recently decided to upgrade. Went to the local gun shop with plans to buy an m2 or affinity 3. The m2 fore grip felt bulky to me. The affinity felt good but the bolt felt rough. I handled a retay Masai Mara that was nose heavy. I landed on the retay gordion. Felt light, pointed good, fit and finish were comparable to the guns stated above, the bolt felt smoother than the affinity and the oversized controls are awesome. My brother got shotgun envy and bought a wood stock affinity 3. About 2 months ago. It wouldn’t cycle out of the box, trigger was very heavy and it wouldn’t reset without pushing the trigger toward. The gun is back from franchi now and good to go. The gun is designed exactly like the stoeger m3500 btw with more refined parts and a better stock. With that said I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a franchi and the gordion I bought has a butt pad from a Masai Mara on it due to recoil with the gun being light and the standard pad being kinda hard (like tire rubber).

I have the Franchi waterfowl elite model in 3.5" 12ga. Love it and has functioned flawlessly. I will say though, if my hands were any smaller, I may not have liked it.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
For 3 inch models only, anyone think it's worth upgrading to the M2?
Only if you like the feel of the m2 better. I’m a fan of oversized controls and a slim fore grip. The m2 with comfort stock fore grip is funky to me. The m2 field just seemed bland for the price increase.