Homemade bbq sauce

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Probably not what you had in mind but here’s a creative suggestion……, take a cup or a bottle of your favorite basic store bought or your own homemade BBQ sauce & “doctor it up” with peach purée, peach juice, peach jelly (👍) , or whatever peachy flavorings you want. Experiment until you get what tastes good to you. You’re likely to surprise yourself that you came up with a good “recipe”. Don’t be afraid to keep experimenting until you get it to what you like. You could also thin it out a little and make a glaze for ribs (smoke, glaze & wrap, unwrap & set glaze/finish, etc) or chicken. Whatever you do, it’ll be mighty tasty and something you can call your own.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have a fantastic recipe, sorry not Peach. My friend tell me I need to start selling it. Not something I'm interested about getting into. I give it out every year for Christmas gifts. But dams it is great.

Here's a fav of mine from Aaron Franklin, you could add a peach twist to it real easy with peach preservatives.

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brn sugar
1/4 cup white vin
1/2 cup apple cider vin
2 1/2 tbls tamarind concentrate (if you can find it, nice but not mandatory)
1/4 tsp of kosher or pink himalyan salt
1/2tsp ancho chile powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tbls honey
1 tsp worcestershire

wisk together and slowly bring to a simmer until thickened stirring constantly so as not to let the bottom scorch.

I'll also often add a splash of liquid smoke and if you add peach to flavor it up, it would be a boardline sin not to also incorporate some jalapeno into it.

BBQ sauce is stupid easy to make, I keep some store bought stuff on hand for when I need it fast but tend to make my own and cater it to what I'm making.

Last edited:

bcnorth

FNG
try this one:

i have made this delicious sauce many times, double the batch to have leftovers as it keeps good in the fridge for a while

i change up things but use the base recipe, so try using the peaches in place of the brown sugar/honey/molasses.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Thanks guys

I made my own-

6 peaches halved
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup bourbon
1 1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp minced garlic
1/3 cup onions
Few drops of liquid smoke
1/2 cup Jalapeños.
Onion powder
Tabasco sweet and hot to taste
Fresh ground salt and Pepper

Bring to low boil until peaches are mushy.

Use immersion blender and mix it all up. It was phenomenal