Hot Sauce Recommendation?

sndmn11

WKR
Because of my new found love with bushel and pecks offerings, I feel that I need to help spread it to my fellow hot sauce afficiandiaos.

Reply to this post with “in” or 6 bottles you would want to try (or any other way I know you want to throw your name in) and I’ll buy your custom 6 pack. I will let this run until 12/noon on 3/26 and will do a random number generator for anyone interested. I am not affiliated in any way to bushel and pecks, and gain nothing other than wanting you all a chance at trying their delicious hot sauce.
IN

Fatali
Golden Ghost
Jamaican
Belizean Hab
Mango Hab
Pineapple Hab

NRA4LIFE

WKR
For you iron stomached warriors, if you want something to scorch yourself with, find any sauce made from Trinidad Scorpion peppers. I grew some in my garden the year before last and I am here to tell you, they make Habaneros and Ghost peppers seem like child's play.

Need some new hot sauces. Not too hot something around a 2/5 or 3/5 maybe. I like the level of Tapatio picante hot sauce or Truff white truffle. Tired of getting random stuff that just isn't that good.

Any good dry hot sauces?
Late to the thread. What you’re looking for seems pretty mild…to me!

For store bought, Melinda’s has great selection in most grocery stores.

ChrisA

WKR
I'm a big fan of grilled chicken thighs seasoned heavily with Island Spicce's Jamaican jerk seasoning. The Brimstone sauce we brought back from St. Kitts goes very well with jerk chicken. Gotta have a Scotch Bonnet based sauce with jerked chicken.

I always have Frank's on hand for everything else but will certainly be trying some of the suggested sauces. Great thread!

MTtrout

WKR
Forgot to add - we go through a shocking amount of this stuff. We call it Angry Lady because our good friend (Chinese but grew up in Malaysia - she is our Asian food enabler) who introduced it to us always thought the lady on the front looked annoyed.

View attachment 690460
Tell me more about “Angry Lady”. I bought this some years ago and believe I used it in soup broth and in the wok. I’ve gone down so many rabbit holes I sometimes forget their purpose. How do you typically use it? Thanks for the reminder

ODB

WKR
Tell me more about “Angry Lady”. I bought this some years ago and believe I used it in soup broth and in the wok. I’ve gone down so many rabbit holes I sometimes forget their purpose. How do you typically use it? Thanks for the reminder

Well, this morning i made avocado toast with two eggs and put a big spoonful right on top - deelish.

We will 'soup-up' ramen by adding peas, onions, carrots, egg, etc or make won-ton soup and this makes an excellent add-in. We also make homemade dumplings and will use it as a dipping sauce. Works on pretty much anything Asian-y or wok-y as you mention.

sndmn11

WKR
So far there are two easy mainstays from this bunch.

Golden Ghost is really nice. I have always liked the heat of Ghost, but haven't found a Ghost with good flavor. This one is really good and I'll order more.

Fatali Attraction is also very good. I hadn't heard of the Fatali pepper but I am glad I chose it. This has kind of a scotch bonnet pepperoncini taste that is very unique.

I haven't tried the Jerk yet other than a finger drop.

The other three are good, can't go wrong with them. I need some more time to see if I like any better than my Yellowbird Habaneros. What I do appreciate is that all of these have their own flavor, and it is a pet peeve of mine when a brand has multiple sauces but they al test pretty much the same.

UncleBone

WKR
One of my all time favorites is the redlaw serrano scorpion hot sauce. its spicy, but is the best on fried chicken sandwiches. Another great company is seed ranch. Also, I second ruebens red and pretty much anything from horsetooth.