Hold on to your GMU 23/26A Shorts boys

In my biased opinion, the opposition has a much more coherent argument with citable facts. While the supporters had pretty rambling comments that were somewhat difficult to follow.
That pretty much sums up the last few of these that have taken place as well. It's unfortunate really - to the point the supporters of this are publicly making fools of themselves. A whole group of people whose anecdotal accounts were once integral to the management of these animals is quickly having their credibility erode away with this type of continued nonsense.

I'll have to pull up the meeting transcripts once they're posted and see where the guy that's making claims about people sneaking into the village is located. Really grasping for straws now.

Thanks for the quick summary!

Gobbler36

WKR
I’m really sorry I’m just now catching back up to this thread but have they passed the closure or is it still in public hearing phase?
i hunted noatak in 2019 and have been wanting to take my boys back for a bou hunt, haven’t had time to read through the whole thread, but just coming in for a quick summary. Hopefully I haven’t missed all the opportunities to help out

The FSB is meeting March 30th to deliberate and vote on WSA 21-01. Public cannot comment but you can call and listen to the meeting.

Board Work Session Information:

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Teleconference Toll Free: 888-942-9690
Passcode: 6071806

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great summary. Nothing to add.

Thanks as always AlaskaMark

I sure appreciate everyone who did and has called in to testify for this and all WSAs. Non local hunters and the state provided ample and substantiated facts that oppose WSA21-01. Now we wait...

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
The meeting has started just now. Are any of you listening? I am and will relay some insight.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
So far the agenda for the meeting approved. And a few introductions. they have all 8 member s (or fill ins) present.

The agenda only consists of action on WSA21-01 (a) and (b).

This portion is starting now.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Hannah Voorhees with OSM is starting to give the information to the board. It seems as though she may ready the whole final analysis.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Just went through the issues and claims by the Locals. Now going through the opposition from other users and organizations.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
A member asked if a rejection would still mean all other current regulations would be in place. Answer is yes.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Now:
Robin Levine (Subsistence Policy Coordinator) to give summary of public comments.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
She gave numerous reasons for opposition by those opposed who make up the vast majority of the public comments

She gave many reasons by those in support also. Many of these seem disjointed in regard to supporting the WSA in my humble opinion.

She is now going to read comments by the WACH WG.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
WACH WG:

“As presented to the public to date, the special action request WSA21-01 addresses both caribou and moose – and that confused consideration of this question. The Working Group determined that they needed to comment on WSA21-01 as it had been presented to the public and in the FSB record to this point, which is that it addresses both caribou and moose. As noted, the vote on that motion failed (The Working Group did not vote on the question of a closure for caribou only).”

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Gene with BIA asked for clarification of the WACH WG recommendation on WSA21-01.
Answer is they did not support it mostly because this was prior to the division of a and b to separate Caribou and Moose. They did not take action on caribou alone.

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
One of the local members is now giving his personal testimony of an experience with a plane deflecting caribou.