Hilleberg Soulo

Chaps,

I've always wanted a free standing, one person, tent. I've used the Nemo Gogo for many years, but it's more of an advanced bivy, suffers from condensation issues and it's very small. I've also got the Nemo Tenshi, but setting it up in rain always results in the tent being wet inside and it's more of a tight two man tent.

Hilleberg has offered me their pro-pricing, which has opened up some options for getting one of their tents. But, which one? The Soulo looks perfect, but am I missing something?

Any reason not to get the Soulo? Would ya'll recommend one of their other one man tents?

Thanks in advance.

To not limit yourself look into the tarp tent, Moment DW. Its a double wall free standing tent thats less expensive than most of the hillebergs and is free standing with the cross pole. It weighs only 32oz and is comfortable. Ive used it and haven't experienced any condensation issues... Something to keep in mind.

jeffpg

WKR
I have the 4 season Akto that I have used for years and it's rock solid but for a bit more room I'd like to try the 3 season Niak.

Having said that, I have recently invested in floorless shelters from Seek Outside. I will be using the LBO w/3 pc vestibule and a base/tarp/base configuration.

PJG

WKR
The only reason IMO is the weight. It's a great shelter if your not counting ounces.

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
I have the nallo 2 which is the same weight as the soulo but not freestanding. It's a tunnel design. Has a lot of room for one and certainly bomb proof. Not a light tent but one I take if I feel the conditions warrant it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you run the Soulo without the inner its a bombproof freestanding floor less setup with plenty of room. Like most Hille stuff it's overbuilt for what most people will ever use it for, but the quality is unmatched. I have a sand colored Soulo myself. Just wish it was a little longer since I'm almost 6'4. Other than that it's obe piece of gear I'll never have to worry about.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I'm with ozyclint. If you have pro-pricing, take it. They are fantastic tents, and if you're bent on a free standing tent, the Soulo is a great one to go with. There are lighter weight options available, but for the quality, it'd be hard to beat.

chmusar

FNG
I have the niak which I purchased in January and I love it the same weight as a enan nut lots more room it's a palace for me and not to cramped with 2 ,very easy to pitch and ample room in porch .I live in the UK and since January had around 30 nights in all types of weather and experienced no condensation.l

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk