New Solo Bowhunter.. Idaho Elk help please

Hey everyone, I had a taste of my first success in Utah on a cow elk with a guide I was with a few weeks ago. I am mostly interested in hunting for harvesting quality meat. I am not too far from idaho, and was trying to start planning my first solo elk hunt for next year if im lucky enough to score a tag and figured this would be a good place to start.

I'm not asking for anyone's honey holes, but if anyone is willing to help a passionate new bowhunter on any advise on where to backpack hunt 20-30 miles to hopefully come across any elk for the 2025 season. Please let me know thanks!

I could use some help in knowing what trailhead to start/park to get into an area since I drive a regular car no good clearance.. ha.

I know this may be asking a lot, but if anyone is willing to help please hit me up thanks!

Always remember to use your peep sight when you draw back. I missed a 20+ inch fork n horn because I had buck fever… that will never happen again. I don’t have any recommendations for units in Idaho…. I live/hunt in California. Good luck on your trip.

Hey everyone, I had a taste of my first success in Utah on a cow elk with a guide I was with a few weeks ago. I am mostly interested in hunting for harvesting quality meat. I am not too far from idaho, and was trying to start planning my first solo elk hunt for next year if im lucky enough to score a tag and figured this would be a good place to start.

I'm not asking for anyone's honey holes, but if anyone is willing to help a passionate new bowhunter on any advise on where to backpack hunt 20-30 miles to hopefully come across any elk for the 2025 season. Please let me know thanks!

I could use some help in knowing what trailhead to start/park to get into an area since I drive a regular car no good clearance.. ha.

I know this may be asking a lot, but if anyone is willing to help please hit me up thanks!
Not sure if you are familiar with E scouting using mapping software like GoHunt, OnX, or Huntstand but these can all be amazing tools using their filters in finding roads that lead close to your desired hunting destinations. They also have 3D imaging that aids in the scouting process of what units you’re looking at so you can slightly (and I mean slightly because even 3D doesn’t do some slopes justice) gauge terrain features that you think may hold elk that time of year. As far as Idaho experience I can’t help with that all my elk experience is in Washington and Colorado. Good luck!