Big Sky International Chinook experience?

I've been eyeing up this tent for backpack hunts here in Alaska. Looks like a cross between a kuiu storm star and a hilleberg allak or soulo but much lighter. Comes in a 2p and a 1p+. I think it's a US company which is cool. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of these tents?

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpeg
    IMG_2230.jpeg
    604 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    920.3 KB · Views: 13
You are right regarding the comparisons. They are a shit show of a company though. They never have stock and are unreliable in communication or restocking product. Made overseas, just based in the US. Think of SWFA of the tent world. I've had a sheep partner use the Chinook 1+ and it is a nice tent. They are definitely lighter than a Hilleberg for comparable shelters, but nowhere near the quality or durability. They are thus way overpriced. I would recommend the Kuiu Mountainstar 2P for a similarly lightweight shelter for 2P or the Hilleberg Niak for a solo shelter that is reasonably light.

Rockchuck

WKR
I have the 2 man and like it quite a bit. I ran an akto for years and the hilliberg is of superior quality, but the Chinook is no slouch itself. It has stood up in some serious storms for me with no issues. Agreed on the communications by the company. I would buy it again though.