Hill Style/ASL Longbows Anyone?

GLB

WKR
Dusted off my HH Wesley Special and decided to set it up with some carbon arrows. I usually reserve this bow for wood arrows but decided to change that. So far I have two different carbons flying good with a PO close to 25 yards each. I like what the carbons are doing to this bow so far.

Anyway if you have a ASL Style bow lets them.

Attachments

• FDCAB81A-8BA2-482A-95EF-29A8111A8471.jpeg
    FDCAB81A-8BA2-482A-95EF-29A8111A8471.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 98
OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
Too bad on the turkey. I’m pulling about 50 lbs on mine, haven’t hunted with it yet except small game. I really do enjoy shooting it.

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
They are a riot to shoot! Forgiving in some ways, and totally ruthless in others.
My Hill bow is a great trainer/reminder on form. If my alignment is off it will show with an arrow wide left. When I focus on bringing my draw arm elbow back and around into alignment I can stack the arrows in there.

An individual told me with an ASL bow that you can grip if firm, not white finger death grip but firm. Your thoughts on this!

An individual told me with an ASL bow that you can grip if firm, not white finger death grip but firm. Your thoughts on this!
Very much so. It needs a firm, full fist grip to shoot well. It’s designed that way. Even Rod Jenkins, who preaches heeling the bow with a super loose grip, told me to throw that out the window with a Hill bow and grip it like you mean it.

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
Very much so. It needs a firm, full fist grip to shoot well. It’s designed that way. Even Rod Jenkins, who preaches heeling the bow with a super loose grip, told me to throw that out the window with a Hill bow and grip it like you mean it.
Agreed, I shoot all my longbows the same either Hill style or R/D design. It’s not a death grip but a natural heel down with fingers closed around the handle.

I'm not very good with mine get and haven't taken any game. I missed a shot at a decent boar that was bedded a few months ago and was also within 30 metres of some goats yesterday but they winded me before I could get much closer. Here are some pictures of the bow anyway.

I've got a St Patrick Lake Pacific Styk coming in the new year in a lighter poundage so I can enjoy everything that an ASL has to offer all day without getting as tired.

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
Nice bow Wilderlfe.
I'm not very good with mine get and haven't taken any game. I missed a shot at a decent boar that was bedded a few months ago and was also within 30 metres of some goats yesterday but they winded me before I could get much closer. Here are some pictures of the bow anyway.

I've got a St Patrick Lake Pacific Styk coming in the new year in a lighter poundage so I can enjoy everything that an ASL has to offer all day without getting as tired.
Nice bow! There is something special about the profile these bows have.

I want a lighter poundage one as well for targets and practice.

Yes. I can shoot this one confidently but It's not an 'all day' type of bow for me. Hence wanting a lighter one that I can shoot as much as I want as this style of bow is a huge amount of fun.

Nice bow Wilderlfe.

Nice bow! There is something special about the profile these bows have.

Yes, they look fantastic.