Hike trail road shoes

Alvie

FNG
Hello Guys and Gals I’m mostly a Lurker here. Because I like to keep things simple as possible If you were to buy one shoe for warm weather hiking,trail running,road running and maybe even if the coler is right as casual dress what would it be?

I prefer Solomon Speedcross but I don’t road run.
I’m tempted to try the Alta trail runners that keep showing up on Camofire pretty cheap.

cmahoney

WKR
I picked up Altra’s last year and so far they are my favorite trail running shoe. I have really wide feet and have struggled throughout the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
I'd go with the Salomon Sense Ride or Salomon Sonic. I've gone to the new balance 1500 for everything, though it's not a true trail shoe.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
not sure on the road running, but I'm running with La Sportiva Akasha's- I also use them for hiking/backpacking- it's their stoutest trail runners in their lineup (they make a bunch)

one of the few La Sportiva's that have enough room in the toe box for me- I go through about 3 pairs/years (600-ish miles/pair) and thus far nothing has me thinking of changing

I do wear mine out and about, no sure how fashionable they are though :D

bozeman

WKR
Trying out a pair of Merrill Out most Vents.........using Brooks right now. The La Sportiva have a few offerings that peak my interest.

I just got a pair of Brooks Cascadia 13. They finally came out with them in wide sizes. I did 3mi with a 50lb pack and the did great. Plenty of support along with a little more stiffness than a normal running shoe.

marven

FNG
I got the nortiv8 waterproof hiking boots for everything, realy comfort and cheap.

sveltri

WKR
I've been wearing Topo Athletics for the last couple years. I especially like them due to the multiple options that are available for the amount of drop that you prefer. I picked up a pair of the Terraventure 2 this summer. Bought them on a Thursday for 3 race event at our major summer festival; first race (Thursday) is a hill climb straight up and down as fast as you can, ended up having to carry my 8 year old daughter most of the way down very loose rock. The grip was awesome and didn't slip at all. Saturday was a road 10k, feet were comfortable and no blisters or pain at all, Sunday was a 10k trail race, same thing no pain or blisters. This model has a 3mm drop with good cushioning, since going to these lower drops I no longer roll my ankles like I used to. I hiked to several high lakes and did most of my pack training with them this summer. https://www.topoathletic.com/mens-terraventure-2?color=36

Saucony Xodus Iso 3 have been my favorite. Very supportive and comfortable, and the integrated tongue was a big selling point for me.