High end factory vs semi custom

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
Man, if there is enough going on for a bolt to accidentally come open it could just as easily come off safe and fire.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
280? Sweet rig and that group! I had a bolt fluted by Karl and it was immaculate.
Yep 280ai. Not really optimal on a Tikka, but it's actually my wifes rifle so I'm loading to mag length at a mild charge and it shoots great.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Lucky gal! I shoot a 280 Rem. It's hard to beat. I actually wanted to AI, but the smith said no you don't. :)
She's a killer, she deserves it. Unless you like to stuff cases full and run em for all they're worth I don't see the advantage really. Honestly not a fan of the 40° shoulder on a standard case, I stuck a few cases the first time resizing..

WKR
I'd look hard at a Havak PH2. Something with a lot of standard factory available. Like a 7mm Rem Mag vs a 280ai. But not my money lol.

In the end its only money and it won't be your last rifle hopefully.

OP
U

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look hard at a Havak PH2. Something with a lot of standard factory available. Like a 7mm Rem Mag vs a 280ai. But not my money lol.

In the end its only money and it won't be your last rifle hopefully.

I took a long hard look at the PH2 and almost got one in 7 rem mag. In the end I couldn’t see putting a suppressor on a 26” barrel and you can’t cut it down because of the fluting.

WKR
The Seekins Element is only 21" and threaded already. As a lefty I always end up building stuff. If shooting righthanded, I'd be grabbing off the shelf and Seekins would get a very hard look.