Here is a couple groups.

HOT ROD

WKR
These are fom my 270 Wsm. Pre accu stock. H4831sc 63 grains. I don't think I can get much better. So I think I will bed it. And see what happens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 113
OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
Group

And a couple more. This is two my girl friend shot.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 64
OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
These were at 100 yards. I will mess with oal. These were right on the lands. I am going to bed it. If it doesn't get any better. Than I will bye a new stock.... I would like to try sum rl 17. I just cant find any.

WKR
I might suggest you shoot it at 300 or 400 yards before doing anything. That .75" group looks pretty good and if it holds under moa at distance, you could avoid some time working on it further. Good luck.

OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
I am going to play with sum 150 lr accubonds. This week end. That was my plan. For this week end. Was to test the 140s at 300 yards.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
These were at 100 yards. I will mess with oal. These were right on the lands. I am going to bed it. If it doesn't get any better. Than I will bye a new stock.... I would like to try sum rl 17. I just cant find any.
I got a couple of pounds of RL 17 the other day from Natchez shooters supply.

Randy

OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
Thanks I will look there.. I am in need of sum 4831sc. I have found it works the best so far. I have tried h1000,retumbo,4350,rl19. I am going to try sum 150 lr accubonds. My gun shoots the 140s. On the lands pretty good. Every thing I have read. Is that the new lr. Like a little jump. So we're would U start?? This reloading is addictive. Little brother says. If I keep this up. I will have the barrel shot out of her lol

AZ Vince

WKR
Thanks I will look there.. I am in need of sum 4831sc. I have found it works the best so far. I have tried h1000,retumbo,4350,rl19. I am going to try sum 150 lr accubonds. My gun shoots the 140s. On the lands pretty good. Every thing I have read. Is that the new lr. Like a little jump. So we're would U start?? This reloading is addictive. Little brother says. If I keep this up. I will have the barrel shot out of her lol

My $0.02:

Start at book COAL, 2.860", and keep working the bullet deeper in small increments until 0.005" from minimum length.
I won't load at minimum length due to possible measurement irregularities and pressure issues. I'm trying to work up an Accubond load for my .300 Win Mag as I type this. Still playing with seating depth.

Good Luck!

bradb

WKR
I always start at lands or as long as i can seat for the mag box. Find a load it likes starting with lower charges and working up. Then tweak seating depth by seating deeper. i start long so I know i only have one direction i can go to find if it seating depth helps.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had ALOT better luck with vld's jumping quite a bit. Like unconventional bit. Id start .0010 of lands and go to .0040

OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
Thanks every one. Since I am new to reloading. All the info is great. I might start on the lands and work back.. I will see what happens...

OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
Here is a group of six 150 Lr accubonds. Out of my 270wsm. 10 and 20 thousands of. 4831sc. One grain off max. It wasn't a good day to be shooting. Rained cats and dogs..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
The pic is up side down. The next is little brothers group. 7mm stw 168 bergers. One grain under max retumbo. These were all at one hundred yards. A little more work. And we mite have it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
H

HOT ROD

WKR
The paper target the shot bye the number one. The one under that and the one lower to the left was 20 thousands of. The other string was 10 thousands of. I started on the lands. And they were terrible...