Should reloading inventory or a rokstock take priority?

OP
H
Imo Always spend money on ammo

But you don’t need to stockpile crazy amounts you won’t actually use.

That’s how we get clockwork shortages, shooters constantly freak out and buy all the supply and then fulfill their own prophecy

I 100% agree with you and do feel conflicted about stocking up and contributing to shortages. However, I never buy items in mass amounts or all the stock a shop has . It's always singles or maybe doubles if something. I only buy components in larger qty that I know I'll use. And only try to stock up when items are more plentiful.

I also am conflicted about this thread because I don't want to spread hysteria.

Trying to make sure I have plenty without screwing others.

wapitibob

WKR
For the one rifle I shoot,
8,000 LR magnum primers
16# N570, one 8# to go
1,500 Berger 195's
2 barrels in the safe
400 pcs of used brass and I'll buy 500+ pcs of new brass when it shows up
If I want a Rokstock I'll wait and buy a used one.

sambo3006

FNG
Good call. I've done the same thing over the last three years. I now have equal amounts of all the components needed to load all of the cartridges I use. Guns may as well be paperweights if you don't have any ammo to shoot them with.

WCB

WKR
Imo Always spend money on ammo

But you don’t need to stockpile crazy amounts you won’t actually use.

That’s how we get clockwork shortages, shooters constantly freak out and buy all the supply and then fulfill their own prophecy
We do get shortages from guys buying items they will never use. In this case the OP has a set amount (5yrs) worth of shooting at his normal amount. That isn't a crazy amount if it is his routine. Guys that are 70years + old and have 100,000 rounds for their one gun they own or primers or whatever else and only shoot at most few hundred rounds a year are the problem. Then they see more and buy as many as they can waiting for trucks at 6am at wally world. The OP saying I shoot 2600rds a year and would like to have 13000 primers on hand....then slowly buying them as he uses them is not the problem.

OP, IMO primers and powder are going to be a struggle in the near future. If I were a reloader and that was how the ammo for my firearms was obtained or came to be...I would buy primers and powder.